Crab legs--Talkeetna

lovetotraveltx

On a celebrity thread someone mentioned eating awesome crab legs in Talkneeta. Anyone have an idea where?

Thanks!

You might want to try posting this in the ports of call forum. You might have better luck there.

On a celebrity thread someone mentioned eating awesome crab legs in Talkneeta. Anyone have an idea where?

Thanks!

Would not think of anyplace there for crab legs not even close to the water.

Maybe at the Princess lodge since it is all tourist.

Thanks!

I would not get your hope up. Talkeetna is the launching town for Mount McKinley. We stopped there on a train once for 30 minutes to unload and pick up passengers on our way to Denali and drove there on another trip to Alaska to spent more time there. Breakfast was brisk at the hotel. Nice portions. As I recall, pancakes were popular. It is a very small town, like 2 streets.

Name of the restaurant is West Rib. One pound of fresh crab legs was $25 versus $50 at the princess lodges. And they were awesome! When we got off the train we stayed in town and walked around (took about 15 minutes) then ate at the West Rib. The shuttle ran every 30 minutes for a while then hourly, back to the lodge.

Thanks!

I couldn't tell you where in Talkeetna to find Crab Legs...

All I remember from our visit last time was that the town is very, very, small...and there are only maybe 4 or 5 choices of places to eat for any reason...

We ended up eating at this one:

http://www.pizzapietalkeetna.com/index.shtml

But, if you don't like the looks of wherever you've chosen to eat, just walk across the street...All of the eateries are pretty close together...it's that small a town...

Name of the restaurant is West Rib. One pound of fresh crab legs was $25 versus $50 at the princess lodges. And they were awesome! When we got off the train we stayed in town and walked around (took about 15 minutes) then ate at the West Rib. The shuttle ran every 30 minutes for a while then hourly, back to the lodge.

Found them on the net...I don't see Crab legs on the menu...perhaps it's one of those "daily special" type of deals?

http://www.westribpub.info/index.php/food

Found them on the net...I don't see Crab legs on the menu...perhaps it's one of those "daily special" type of deals?

http://www.westribpub.info/index.php/food

Our bus driver told us about the crab legs at West Rib. They were on the board as a special but I got the feeling they were the special most days during the summer season.

Our bus driver told us about the crab legs at West Rib. They were on the board as a special but I got the feeling they were the special most days during the summer season.

Very interesting! Love Halibut as fish sandwich/tenders

Edited by shipshape sam

Thank you!