San Pedro-John Wayne, Lax, Long Beach

cruising diva

Our cruise will dock on a Sunday at San Pedro. Celebrity says to make a reservation out of LAX after 12:30pm if we take their transfer.Can we make a 10:00am flight out of Long Beach or an 11:00 flight out of John Wayne if we take a taxi? Is John Wayne far from San Pedro? Thank you in advance. We are staying one night pre-cruise in Long Beach.

I now know that Long Beach is close to San Pedro but I will probably have a problem making at 10:00 am flight. What about the distance from John Wayne on a Sunday from San Pedro? There are more flights available from this airport back to Florida.Thank you in advance.

Cruising Diva,

Don't be in such a rush. An 11am out of John Wayne is very tight. A flight out of LAX after 12:30 seems more realistic. That way you can relax.

For a 2-1/2 hour difference, I'd just as soon saunter off the ship at my own leisure and enjoy the trip to the airport. Through the Sunday getaway traffic. To the long lines at the ticket window. Past the baggage check. Baggage scan. X-ray machines. Past the metal detectors. By the shops. On the long walk to the waiting area. And finally onto the plane. (Well, you get the idea. I'm a nervous nellie.) :)

Archived