Initiate Booking Through Carnival & Complete Through Expedia: Is This True?

moviegal

Just talked to my Carnival PVP which I've never used before. I told him I found the same rate on a cruise through Expedia but Expedia will throw in $50 in OBC. I asked if he could match that and I would book through him. He said he couldn't, but that I could "initiate the booking" directly through Carnival with him, and that he would send me a booking number where I could "complete the booking through Expedia" and still get the OBC deal. I have booked dozens of cruises but have NEVER heard of this. Is this true? Is this legit? Anybody have experience doing something like this? I'd appreciate some advice / help here because I want to book today for the special one-day sale.

Just talked to my Carnival PVP which I've never used before. I told him I found the same rate on a cruise through Expedia but Expedia will throw in $50 in OBC. I asked if he could match that and I would book through him. He said he couldn't, but that I could "initiate the booking" directly through Carnival with him, and that he would send me a booking number where I could "complete the booking through Expedia" and still get the OBC deal. I have booked dozens of cruises but have NEVER heard of this. Is this true? Is this legit? Anybody have experience doing something like this? I'd appreciate some advice / help here because I want to book today for the special one-day sale.

You probably could . Is it work $50 to lose control of booking to third party. Will have one person to contact at Expedia or whoever is available at that moment. I personally would stay with Carnival. If you don't like PVP you can ask for a different one.

Good choice! I've booked two trips with Expedia in the last couple of months and both times there were problems and I had to talk to people in India to straighten them out making numerous calls to get it taken care of. The last time I needed to add one day to the flight and car and the woman said she got a better rate with a different company and when the confirmation came it was $200 MORE. So yes a PVP is the way to go. Ours just got a promotion and a new one called to tell us that we are now his clients. We'll see how he does.

Glad to hear that you decided to stick with Carnival.

I need to have full access to my booking, and would NEVER want to rely or depend on a 3rd party to get my price drops, etc.

Did you check out ALL of the current offers?

MOST of the ones I have seen INCLUDE $50 OBC right now.