NCL Dawn phones

AngieGal3

Hello! I have a couple of questions about the phones in the cabins on the Dawn. I know you can create your own outgoing message.

Can you retrieve your messages from the house phones through out the ship?

Are you able to turn the ringer off/lower the sound?

Thanks!

Hello! I have a couple of questions about the phones in the cabins on the Dawn. I know you can create your own outgoing message. Can you retrieve your messages from the house phones through out the ship?Are you able to turn the ringer off/lower the sound?

If you don't want the phone to ring at night, un-jack the wire from it. You won't receive any calls but that's no different than if you shut the ringer off and you can't hear anything.

I don't recall those phone systems allow remote VM access via any "house" phone in the public area, or else there would be a line for using them - I could be wrong but "memo" to myself to check them out next month, at least on the BA.

On ring tone, I recalled a Hi/Lo setting but not OFF - the tone isn't annoyingly loud. Wrap a thick towel or two around to "muffle" the sound if you don't want to unplug it (those mounted on the wall might be a notch harder to do ...)

I don't recall those phone systems allow remote VM access via any "house" phone in the public area, or else there would be a line for using them - I could be wrong but "memo" to myself to check them out next month, at least on the BA.

BA and other new ships have VoIP phone systems that are both technically and functionally very different from the traditional phone systems on old ships.

Thank you for the speedy responses!

Another FYI that I forgot to mention about the phones. After a friend of mine came out of the shower, the steam set off the fire alarm in the cabin. A warning came through the phone's speaker saying help was on it's way. :/

Anyone else heard of that happening? It's happened to me at home when dd forgot to turn the fan on

Thank you for the speedy responses!

Another FYI that I forgot to mention about the phones. After a friend of mine came out of the shower, the steam set off the fire alarm in the cabin. A warning came through the phone's speaker saying help was on it's way. :/

Anyone else heard of that happening? It's happened to me at home when dd forgot to turn the fan on

We had to do the make up safety drill and the safety officer said it happens 20 times a day on a given sailing. They are required to investigate each and every alarm sensor activation for evidence of fire. He basically told us keep the bathroom door shut while showering. He also said on the Bermuda run opening the balcony doors sets off the sensors due to the temperature difference. Because fire is a huge risk onboard a ship the sensors are super sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had to do the make up safety drill and the safety officer said it happens 20 times a day on a given sailing. They are required to investigate each and every alarm sensor activation for evidence of fire. He basically told us keep the bathroom door shut while showering. He also said on the Bermuda run opening the balcony doors sets off the sensors due to the temperature difference. Because fire is a huge risk onboard a ship the sensors are super sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY interesting! thank you :)