Residence Inn - Plantation

OceanNerd

We've booked the Residence Inn Plantation for our pre-cruise stay. I searched this forum but the most recent info I came up with was from 2006. I was hoping someone might could give me a more updated review ;)

From the hotel website, it said there is a cruise port shuttle and breakfast buffet in addition to parking for our cruise.

Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!

Sorry but I can't comment on the Residence Inn but have stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Plantation and loved it. They have two bedroom suites with two bathrooms and kitchen. Free breakfast and evening snacks and drinks on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There is a nice pool, firepit and free laundry.

jrbaum54 One of the reasons we chose this location is that it offers a 2 bedroom suite (with 2 bathrooms). We are a party of 6. Also breakfast and parking for your cruise as well as a shuttle to port are included.

We will be there in 27 short days!!! :D

Not bad reviews on trip advisor, not great but overall pretty good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34565-d87188-Reviews-Residence_Inn_Ft_Lauderdale_Plantation-Plantation_Florida.html

I have a family of five, we needed a two bedroom suite and chose the Hyatt House in Dania Beach, very close to the port and FLL. It can be a tad pricey, but check it out.

Please update this thread when you get back to let us know how the place was!

• 4 weeks later...

We are here at Residence Inn, boarding in a few hours!!! Yay!!

The hotel is pleasant enough, in a quiet area. It is a little difficult to find because it sits back off the road behind another building and the signage isn't obvious. Staff are very pleasant. It is an older hotel but has been well maintained; although it seems to be in need of a good, deep clean. (Please don't take this as the hotel is "dirty", it just doesn't "sparkle") The parking area is well lit and I had no reservations about leaving my car here while we cruise. We shared a 2 bedroom suite which had 2 bathrooms which is great. Plenty of room for the six of us.

The shuttle service is offered through an independent contractor. One way is included with the room but return trip is $12 per person or a group rate of $35 for over 3.

There is a Walgreen across the street for any last minute needs and a plethora of restaurants about a mile down the road. I didn't visit but there is also a Walmart about 5 miles south.

And on a bonus note, we originally booked the Park n Cruise package for $279 plus taxes etc. but I double checked out reservation on Friday and the rate has dropped to $229. I called the Hotel directly first and was told I would have to cancel and rebook, but instead I called Marriott directly and was able to secure the lower rate with no problems at all.

While we haven't used the shuttle or had breakfast yet (I will detail after we return!), I would say this is a good choice for a pre-cruise stay.

While I'd love to stay and chat--- I have a ship to board!!! See you in 5 days!