Quebec city overnight cruise stay

How does this work when you board the ship one day but you don't depart until late the next day? Once you board are you free to leave the ship again anytime you want until departure time? Our cruise board on a Friday but we don't depart until Saturday late. Just wondering how it works. Thanks.

How does this work when you board the ship one day but you don't depart until late the next day? Once you board are you free to leave the ship again anytime you want until departure time? Our cruise board on a Friday but we don't depart until Saturday late. Just wondering how it works. Thanks.

Your free to board until the time you have to be on-board for sail away.

Pizzalady1, I just noticed your signature. You are on the Dawn from Boston to Quebec the week before we board her in Quebec on the 18th. Have you cruised the Dawn before? I'm finding mixed reviews on the ship.

No, I have not been on her. I agree that there are mixed reviews but I am not too worried. I have been on some other NCL ships that also had mixed reviews and had a great time. Most of the negative is for MDR food and upkeep and wear and tear. I have never been unhappy with NCL food and have never seen wear and tear that affected me. It is hard to know what to believe and everything is so objective.

Come join us on our roll call--there are a few others that are doing either the 9/11 and 9/18 as a b2b or just the 9/18 by itself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060880

Edited by pizzalady1

That's what I thought but wanted to confirm. Thanks so much. I've noticed that the Canada and New England forums do not get near as much activity as some of the other ones, like Alaska. Will activity on the forum pick up close to the season?

No worries, the forum will pick up.

I overnighted in Québec last year. Out of curiosity, I asked the security at the gateway if there was a time at night at which everybody had to be back on the ship. No curfew, yippee, so cruisers can have a late dinner in the city or party out all night if they want to.:D At least the HAL ones can....

Watch for any announcement about a possible dock change during the overnight stay. When we boarded Ruby Princess last autumn (2 Oct.), she was docked "downtown" at Pier 22, but during the following night she moved about 1.5 miles west to Pier 103. There was a period during the middle of the night when no one could board or disembark (i.e., when the ship was re-locating), and on the 2nd day the ship was not so conveniently close to downtown. I understand that this overnight change-of-docks is sometimes done in Quebec when there are several ships in port. It allows initial boarding to occur at the main terminal downtown, with that favoured location then being made available for another ship on the subsequent day.

John

Edited by J-D

Watch for any announcement about a possible dock change during the overnight stay. When we boarded Ruby Princess last autumn (2 Oct.), she was docked "downtown" at Pier 22, but during the following night she moved about 1.5 miles west to Pier 103. There was a period during the middle of the night when no one could board or disembark (i.e., when the ship was re-locating), and on the 2nd day the ship was not so conveniently close to downtown. I understand that this overnight change-of-docks is sometimes done in Quebec when there are several ships in port. It allows initial boarding to occur at the main terminal downtown, with that favoured location then being made available for another ship on the subsequent day.

John

that would be scary to leave the ship and come back it gone! I'll be sure to check on that.

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Cofortel? I'm looking at it for just the one night we will be in town before getting on the ship. Most reviews seem to be good ones and it's just for the one night and the price is good. We would have to take a taxi from there to port the next day.

Thanks for all your help and quick answers. I'm looking forward to our cruise.