port canaveral hotels?

gordo44

We love staying on Astronaut Blvd. I always do Priceline for just zone 1 as you will for sure get one of 3 hotels. We have stayed at both Radisson and Country Inn & Suites and both are great. Did priceline again for this weekend and got Radisson again so very happy. We always prebook our parking across the street from the Radisson-Port Canaveral Parking. Love it, their shuttle are always there when we get off the ship around 7 am.

It is tough to recommend a hotel without knowing if you are traveling with kids, looking for beachfront versus shopping, want to see the ships from your room, etc!

In general, the busiest hotels are the triplets closest to the Port - Country Inn, Residence Inn, Radisson.

Holiday Inn Club has beachfront rooms, as do Best Western Cocoa Beach, La Quinta Oceanfront, Doubletree, International Palms.

Comfort Inn, Sheraton 4 points, and Inn At Cocoa are in the shopping/activities hotspot around Ron Jon's.

Map of hotels here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

We love the cheap drink specials at Time Out Sports bar and Siam Orchard at La Quinta! And it is an easy walk to the beach.

For Park & Cruise I would ask them where your vehicle will be parked? They have an open dirt/grassy area next door where cruisers seem to park but how do they secure the area is my concern? The 40% off shipside parking may be a safer bet at La Quinta.

Edited by SteerageJoe

staying at Radisson before our cruise in April, what are some good places to eat while staying for the day? Also any places close to by wine before we board the cruise? Thank You for any feedback. Also if it helps with the restaurant recommendation we are traveling with children, ages 2-14.

staying at Radisson before our cruise in April, what are some good places to eat while staying for the day? Also any places close to by wine before we board the cruise? Thank You for any feedback. Also if it helps with the restaurant recommendation we are traveling with children, ages 2-14.

Radisson has a great pool so it may be hard to get the kids out of there.

Facing the hotel Kelsey's Pizza will be on the left side of the hotel....it has good salads, pizza and Italian. On the right side is Zachary's Family Restaurant which is meat/veg in the evenings and has a good (cheap) breakfast in the mornings. There is also a McDonald's across the street.

BUT if you can I would highly recommend going over to the port and eat at Grills, Fishlips or Rusty's. Really gets you in the cruising mood! (we usually take a taxi here so we can have a couple of cocktails....very cheap ride)

Have a great trip!!

We always stay at the Radisson at the Port as well. Great location, good breakfast and pool bar, easy shuttle to port, Park and Cruise room packages, beautiful pool. :D
You asked for a hotel for older people. I think you would be pleased with this one. Just ask for a room on ground level near the main building. :D Not a lot of elevators and they are hard to find. If you are like my parents McDonald's for oatmeal in the morning is right across the street. Doubt you are driving from South Dakota so the cruise packages don't really help you. Very reasonably priced hotel yet very pretty grounds.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Radisson has a great pool so it may be hard to get the kids out of there.

Facing the hotel Kelsey's Pizza will be on the left side of the hotel....it has good salads, pizza and Italian. On the right side is Zachary's Family Restaurant which is meat/veg in the evenings and has a good (cheap) breakfast in the mornings. There is also a McDonald's across the street.

BUT if you can I would highly recommend going over to the port and eat at Grills, Fishlips or Rusty's. Really gets you in the cruising mood! (we usually take a taxi here so we can have a couple of cocktails....very cheap ride)

Have a great trip!!

May have to try Fishlips or Rustys, heard quite a few good things about them!! Thanks!

We love staying on Astronaut Blvd. I always do Priceline for just zone 1 as you will for sure get one of 3 hotels. We have stayed at both Radisson and Country Inn & Suites and both are great. Did priceline again for this weekend and got Radisson again so very happy. We always prebook our parking across the street from the Radisson-Port Canaveral Parking. Love it, their shuttle are always there when we get off the ship around 7 am.

Karen, What kind of price do you bid on the room? I have used Priceline in the past and have had good luck with this. We will be there in October of this year.

Thank you, David

Jolyroger, I agree with the restaurants at the Port but think Millikens Reef is the most kid-friendly during the day. They have the best views of the ships and if it is a nice day you can sit outside while watching your younger kids play in the clean white sand next to the tiki bar. They even put out toys!

Fishlips (outside) can be a challenge with smaller kids because they have high tables/bar stools. Grills has the best food of the three (and regular tables) and would be my 2nd choice after Millikens.

After dark, however, the Port is not really kid-friendly and the Shark Pit in the Sheraton is a great place to take kids. The round shark tank is really fun to watch and the older kids can browse the connecting surf shop.

Jolyroger, I agree with the restaurants at the Port but think Millikens Reef is the most kid-friendly during the day. They have the best views of the ships and if it is a nice day you can sit outside while watching your younger kids play in the clean white sand next to the tiki bar. They even put out toys!

Fishlips (outside) can be a challenge with smaller kids because they have high tables/bar stools. Grills has the best food of the three (and regular tables) and would be my 2nd choice after Millikens.

After dark, however, the Port is not really kid-friendly and the Shark Pit in the Sheraton is a great place to take kids. The round shark tank is really fun to watch and the older kids can browse the connecting surf shop.

The nearest liquor store has a good selection of wine - about 0.5 mile from the Radisson. Better yet - they deliver!

http://www.capecanaveralliquors.com

But Publix has the best selection.

The nearest liquor store has a good selection of wine - about 0.5 mile from the Radisson. Better yet - they deliver!

http://www.capecanaveralliquors.com

But Publix has the best selection.

we stayed at the Radisson last month, and took the local bus which is right in front of the hotel, to Publix for our water and wine...1.50 on the bus..and seniors .75...the bus stop coming home is just across the street from there, but you go for a little ride on the way back, but still cheap...

we found the radisson breakfest brunch a bit pricey for what you get...would not do that again, but our dinner was good..

beds there are amazing, they have a remote to pump up the air in the mattresses..very cool..

A bus would be great, just cause there are quite a bit of us going..if it was just my hubby and I we would just walk, but good to know about the bus. ..al also good to know about breakfast. .I'd rather get something quick, quicker we eat, quicker we get to cruise port woohoo!