Berlin-Milk and Honey

Has anyone had any experience, or known someone who has used Milk and Honey Tours for the day in Berlin? They specialize in tours from a Jewish point of view, but seem to be like some of the other companies I've seen spoken of on this board - pick you up at the cruise line, etc. I would like to book with them but am hesitant because I know of no one who has used them.

I am not familiar with them, but after reading your post, I went to their Web site and then e-mailed them for some more information. What dates will you be in Berlin? We will be there on Mon., July 12 (Constellation)

We're after you, at the end of July. We also e-mailed them two days ago, and have not yet had a response. That bothered me, because the other two agencies we e-mailed responded withing 24 hours. I do know of people who are using them this summer, but I do not know of anyone who has already used them. I'm probably being over cautious, but reliability is the most important thing when you're going somewhere 2 1/2 hours away. I'm paranoid about missing the ship.

Hello. We are on the HAL cruise out of Copenhagen on the Westerdam and will be in Berlin on July 26. We are also interested in a tour that includes some of the sites of Jewish interest. Can you let us know if what you find is interesting or not. E-mail: cacumm@videotron.ca

Thanks.

mtlcruzer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zimmy:

We're after you, at the end of July. We also e-mailed them two days ago, and have not yet had a response. That bothered me, because the other two agencies we e-mailed responded withing 24 hours. I do know of people who are using them this summer, but I do not know of anyone who has already used them. I'm probably being over cautious, but reliability is the most important thing when you're going somewhere 2 1/2 hours away. I'm paranoid about missing the ship.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in berline on the constellation in august---- did you learn of anyone who used milk and honey--- did they reply to your e mail--- do you know their rates---- the idea of a guide with a knowledge of jewish studies seems intriguing--- but I would like to know their track record

thanks

malcolm

Yes, they did reply to my email. The rate quoted to us was 1,200 euros for the day. We felt that it was very high. We have decided to use Berlin Starting Point, who are including the Jewish points of interest in our tour. Their rate is 648 euros for the day. I do not know anyone who has used Milk and Honey; I only know of someone who is going to be using them later this summer.

thanks for the info--- with a price of 1200 euros, they should be called milk and gold--- not milk and honey--- do you know anyone who has used berlin starting point--- there is another website offering a similar tour for 650 euros and a good word of mouth would help me decide

thanks

malcolm

No, Malcolm, I don't know of anyone who has used them, other than the information on these boards. However, Berlin Starting Point is mentioned in Fodor's, which I took to be a good sign. I don't know what ports you are going to, but I did find another Jewish guide service, Zekher Avoteinu, which provides guides for cruise ship passengers in St. Petersburg, Stockholm and Helsinki. At the time when I found them, we were already booked with Esperance for St. Petersburg, but we are probably going to use them for a day in Stockholm, and perhaps in Helsinki.

Archived