/swizzle please help

joyous

I have some people booked going to Bermuda in Nov. My friend has been there before and this time her sister , a water color artist , is going also. My friend remembers pink beaches and colorful houses that she wants to share with her sister. Can you help? They don't want to take the ship's shore ex. Sure hope you can share some good sightseeing that I can send to her. Joyous

Sorry not to be specific. My friend remembers riding a ferry and seeing beautiful pink beaches and colorful houses. Her sister is a water color artist and wants to photograph/sketch for material to paint when she gets back home. They don't want to take a tour or shore ex. but just wander around on their own. I just hoped to get advice about "wandering" for a day to gather beautiful scenes. joyous

Well, if you want to do it on your own, you will probally need to rent mopeds, as this will give you more freedom to explore, however, this is not such a good idea if you have no experience riding a moterbike of some sort.

Since you may end up wandering out of the usual tourist areas, it would be a good idea to stay together and avoid wandering at dawn and dusk

A good place to start looking for picturesque stuff is the National Trust sites (http://www.bnt.bm/Places_to_Visit/places_to_visit.htm), and other historic or preserved areas such as the old military forts.

Another good one is the chapel on the Heydon trust property http://www.bermuda-online.org/seesandy.htm about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Hope this helps.

If you don't want to rent a moped or take a taxi tour good options for good sightseeing are:

1) Take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton (this was probably the ferry your friend recalls)

2) Go to Horseshoe Bay then walk left along the beach. At the end of the beach there are paths to a number of smaller beaches and coves.

3) Go to John Smith's Bay and wander around a bit. There are some nice homes in the area and you're at a nice beach

4) Wander around St. Georges and the nearby beaches (Tobacco Bay etc.)

I really appreciate all the good suggestions. I will copy and paste to my friend. We will be on the same cruise but plan to do shore excursions,namely the one to St. Georges and Crystal Caves. I understand that is a must see. Hope Nate is kind. Haven't seen the weather lately and most of what is on Houston TV is about New Orleans, Miss. and Alabama. Thanks to all of you for responding. joyous

Swizzle's got it down.....that's the ticket for me. I haven't been back to Bermuda for some time and lived there a very long time ago but if anybody asked me the must sees/dos that would be it.

If you have more time, I would add The Aquarium, The Caves, Fort St. Catherines....and Gibbs Lighthouse if you can access it yet......but those may be sentimental choices on my part.

Archived