Anybody Done Atlantis Sub in St. Thomas?

eddeb

Hello fellow cruisers.

We are thinking about the Atlantis sub

in St. Thomas.

We would love to get some feedback

from someone who has done the tour and

what their thoughts are.

We have done Coki and Megan's

Bay and Morningstar Beach on

earlier cruises.

Please let us know whatcha think!

Still looking for Mariner Eastern

Compass's and Menu's, as cruise

clues has them pretty dated and

not complete.

Thanks for your help!

The Moore Gang

Ed, Deb, Sean and Amy

Mariner Eastern 10/16

Cabin 9218 :)

We leave on the Mariner of the Seas tomorrow (9/4). We are booked for the Atlantis in St Thomas. I will post a review when we get back.

I can tell you that I have done it in Hawaii and Cozumel. Both were very enjoyable, but the Hawaii one had more marine life and the Cozumet one had more coral reef and it has the great wall that drops down some 1000 feet.

My wife and I have done the sub and loved it. I scuba dive and this gave her a chance to see what I see when diving. My wife is hadicapped and has a services dog. The dog even went with us, the first and only (at least until then) for St Thomas' Atlantis. It was very relaxing and interesting. The sub is airconditioned and everyone has a round appox 3 foot port hole to view the outside.

Hope this helps.

I did the sub at St Thomas with my 8yo boy last fall. We loved it! It is a very new, clean, safe sub run very professionally. They take you out above a reef (about 25 foot down) which is packed with a variety of fish and corals. We even saw some rays and small sharks. They then dive next to the reef, about 75 feet down and there is a shipwreck. I do reccomend it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I have some pics of and from the sub:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze77uo0/id1.html

jim

We did this tour a couple years ago in ST. Thomas. Very fun. Not many varieties of fish, but it was fun trying to find sharks and sea turtles. There seems to be plenty of room in the sub, they don't stuff you in like sardines. It is a very lively atmosphere with everyone yelling when they spot something different. I will suggest taking motion sickness medicine before boarding the boat that takes you to the submarine. Many people throwing up. Fast but exciting ride. Great picture opportunity. You will see the ships in the distance the whole way.

Yes, it is enjoyable. When we went a couple of years ago they served free rum (maybe still do) on the boat ride out to the sub. A 20/30 something crowd over indulged on the way out and once in the sub some didn't feel to good. They had to use sea sickness bags. MORAL: Moderate consumption.

I took my daughter on it while my wife shopped (what a deal!)

The boat ride out that day was a bit bouncy and the less adventurous were unnerved by crossing the gangway from the boat to the sub and climbing down the ladder into the sub while we were bouncing around so much. But it was not that hard to do... the sub ride is very, very cool.

We were very disappointed with Atlantis in GRAND CAYMAN. I am not sure if it depends on which port you do Atlantis, but we found that everything was drab in color-not the vivid spectrum we were expecting. I also found it rather confining with the amount of people we had onboard. Maybe we are harder to impress since we live in FL, known for it's fishing, close to the theme parks, etc...and we saw more colorful fish at Sea World than on this tour. I would make your decision on whether there was something else you were on the fence about doing. If not, there seems to be a fair amount of people that did enjoy this in St. Thomas. We are leaning toward the Screamin' Eagle jet boat in St. Thom.

Archived