Breakaway in November

Librarygirl59

i am booked on the early Nov one, we booked the haven so we don't have to worry about the weather on the first and last day.. if its a bit cold.. since they have the retractable roof for the courtyard and pool

Welcome to Cruise Critic :)

November can be a tricky month for both sea conditions and weather. Last Nov. weather can be nothing like next Nov. Its very early to predict this far out. November to March is a bit dodgy.

Edited by DAVECHIPP1974

i am booked on the early Nov one, we booked the haven so we don't have to worry about the weather on the first and last day.. if its a bit cold.. since they have the retractable roof for the courtyard and pool

We sailed november 30th. Weather was so so 1st day nice 2nd and gorgeous until the last day.

We are booked on the November 8th Breakaway cruise. We usually cruise mid October, but decided to do this cruise because we like the itinerary and especially like the ship. We figure that the sailaway(Sunday) will be anywhere from comfortable to chilly but by midday on the next day it will be warm enough to enjoy the outside of the ship. The cruise critic meet and greet will be in the morning that first sea day(Monday) and by the time it's over and we've had lunch, we're ready to get some warm sun.

If this is your sailing, join our roll call. I will be setting up the meet and greet. :D

I've done the Bahamas just before Thanksgiving 2013. It was plenty warm enough to go swimming in the ocean (ran right in! No North Atlantic sting!) and enjoy the Atlantis water park. The locals laughed that it was winter and were wearing North Face fleece jackets, but it was easily in the mid 70's if not warmer! We were wearing bikinis and shorts, and it felt wonderful!

As far as seas, it was the rockiest I've cruised in. Nothing extreme, but it was quite noticeable. Of course, this is subject to change on any sailing, you just never know.

Also, that was our 1 CCL cruise and had flown down to Charleston to start off in a little warmer weather, so I can't comment on leaving out of NYC that time of year. Obviously, sailing out of a different port, conditions could be different, but the weather has a mind of its own. You just never know. It could be smooth as glass, it could not!

You can't predict the weather based on year(s) old observations. Generally it's still hurricane season and as said, months just before and after new years can vary a lot.

Edited by Demonyte

My family and I sailed on the Breakaway in mid November of last year. Leaving NYC was cold and cloudy, in the 40s. The next sea day was warmer but breezy and the kids went into the pool (I did not, too cold for me). Port Canaveral/Orlando was in the 50s and cloudy due to a freak cold front. We skipped GSC because of the waves and wind but the temp was warm enough for me to brave the pool. It was sunny that day too. Bahamas was in the 70s and humid with high winds and eventual rain in the afternoon. The two sea days back were sunny and gorgeous but chilly, especially the last day. Note that the first sea day the seas were rough and we sailed into a the wind causing us to be an hour late to Port Canaveral the next day.

Weather in November is unpredictable - I know the cruise the week before us managed to get to GSC and it was perfect weather. :rolleyes: