June 2016 why no ships leaving Ft Lauderdale or Port Canaveral

cweather

Looking at the schedule for next summer June 2016 thru August 2016 I only see the port of Miami as the only port ships are leaving from. Also the fares seems to be almost double. Does anyone no why there are no ship leaving from Fort Lauderdale or Port Canaveral next summer?

• 1 month later...

Do we know the answer to this problem yet? I checked the May 2015 release and still don't see Port Canaveral as a disembarkation point for May 2016. They're losing the Sunshine :( Breeze is scheduled out of Miami :(

These are the ships listed on the 3/15 and none appear to leave out of Port Canaveral. That means no nice large ship for PC. :mad: for summer 2016.

CARNIVAL VISTA

CARNIVAL MAGIC

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

CARNIVAL BREEZE

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

CARNIVAL DREAM

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

CARNIVAL ELATION

CARNIVAL FASCINATION

CARNIVAL SUNSHINE

CARNIVAL PRIDE

CARNIVAL GLORY

CARNIVAL CONQUEST

They have not finalized the dancing of the ships. I would not worry. I am sure that there will be a ship in Port Canaveral. I just really don't think the majority of the schedule has been released yet.

I know it's really frustrating, I went through this when wanting to book my January 2016 cruise, but time will tell. We know the breeze/magic are moving. There's going to be a lot more moving around, they just haven't announced it yet.

Alaska was released yesterday and was put on the Carnival website today. Slowly they are getting there. If I had to guess, I would say that Valor will be in Port Canaveral for the Summer of 2016. Later fall of 2016 the Magic will probably move to Port Canaveral and the Sunshine might possibly go back there too unless it is moved somewhere else.

Is the Sensation being replaced in 2016 as well?

Do you mean repositioned to another home port?

It would be nice to know. Magic's schedule ends Thanksgiving week and then I'm guessing it will mosey over to PC. As far as Summer '16 goes, I haven't even heard any speculation. [emoji19]

-Kelly

Do you mean repositioned to another home port?

It would be nice to know. Magic's schedule ends Thanksgiving week and then I'm guessing it will mosey over to PC. As far as Summer '16 goes, I haven't even heard any speculation. [emoji19]

-Kelly

There is a good possibility something will happen with the Sensation. It has been in PC along time!