Olympic on Millennium - worthwhile

Cassicruiser

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd add my two cents. We were on the Millennium in June. We've eaten in the Olympic Several times over the years. The chateau brean (Sp) (That may be the worst spelling of Chateau Brean) was absolutely the best on the planet. There are plenty of dinner times available so waiting till you are on board is no problem. The charge is $50 PP but stall on saying yes and they'll drop the price tot $40 or $45. Be sure to take a camera. The staff will be happy to take pictures of the special occasion. Have a great cruise.

Hi Tucson guy - we're actually back from our cruise, we sailed at the end of May, and what a wonderful cruise it was!

After all this talk about Olympic - I booked as a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday, which was while we were on board. It was just the 2 of us travelling, but we were lucky enough to have the most wonderful tablemates and had so much fun at dinner in the dining room every night. When I told them we were eating in Olympic the next night for my husband's birthday they were so upset we weren't coming to the dining room that we cancelled and celebrated with them all in the dining room instead. We had a wonderful time that night, as it was another couple's 25th anniversary as well. So we will have to save Olympic for our next cruise one day!! Will remember to try the Chateau Briand ;)

Can anyone tell me what the dress code requirements are for eating in the Olympic. Must guys wear suit coat and ties or is a collared shirt with dress slacks ok? What about the ladies? We like to dress comfortably and that does not allow for ties and cocktail dresses. In fact, we don't even own these items. What I like about the Olmypic is its historical atmosphere. Might have to breeze in for a photo outside of dinner times. Also not a foodie - and old burger works for us.

We will be on the Millennium in May and my husband will be celebrating his 50th birthday while on the ship (the reason for the cruise in the first place). I was wondering whether to book the Olympic for the night of his birthday (as a surprise) but would love opinions on whether it's really that good to justify the extra cost ($90) or if we should just stick with the main dining room and getting the waiters to sing happy birthday? He is semi vegetarian but eats and really likes fish (not lobster) but from the menus on the website it looks like there is plenty of choice for him.

I would have chosen Qsine but we cruised with friends a year ago and did Qsine then and loved it. Also it's just the 2 of us this time and think Qsine is better in a group.

It's not only the food I wanted to know about but the whole experience. Thanks

IMHO Olympic all the way!:cool:

Can anyone tell me what the dress code requirements are for eating in the Olympic. Must guys wear suit coat and ties or is a collared shirt with dress slacks ok? What about the ladies?.

Smart casual in the specialty restaurants every night. :)