Prepaid Gratuities

mweiss1998

If I selected prepaid gratuities, is it already included in my cruise cost? I see the taxes, fees & port expenses says it "could" include it. Do I have to add another $12 per day per person to my budget?

I have 7 people cruising for 7 days so $588 makes a big difference in my budget.

If you wanted prepaid on your statement it will list it as prepaid gratutity.

If you are not seeing that item it is not listed.

I never wanted that on there because IF it is listed it is due when final payment comes along.

I prefer to make the final payment then make the Pre paid tip payment

If you selected the box, then it should have it in there. How much does the taxes amount show?

The taxes show $474.64 on the room for 4 and $355.98 on the room for 3.

And I don't mind paying it when final payment is due. I've been saving for nearly 2 years for this cruise, I want as little costs on board as possible.

Edited by mweiss1998

If you selected Pre-paid Gratuities at booking then it is included in the taxes, fees & port expenses in Manage Your Booking and is included in your total fare. So you do not need to budget extra, since its included in your balance due total.

That is a beautiful answer and just increased my spending money by $588. My kids can play 1 extra game in the arcade and buy 1 extra piece of candy each. ;)

The taxes show $474.64 on the room for 4 and $355.98 on the room for 3.

And I don't mind paying it when final payment is due. I've been saving for nearly 2 years for this cruise, I want as little costs on board as possible.

Then no, they aren't included. Call Carnival and have them add them in.

I called, not included. There goes that extra game and piece of candy I guess.

You can still pre-pay them if you'd like, though. Go online (or call back) and fix it and then pay. That way, when you get on board you still don't have those charges. We do the same thing, by the way. I love having zero charges!! Add some cash to the card when you board and you don't even have to think about "billing" while you're cruising.

Good luck and I hope you have a great trip!!! :)

I ordered " pre paid gratuities" and my invoice shows $511.32 for " taxes, fees, etc" for 3 of us, but does not mention pre paid grats. I think we're ok, because we always do that and they don't really itemize it until you print out boarding docs

I ordered " pre paid gratuities" and my invoice shows $511.32 for " taxes, fees, etc" for 3 of us, but does not mention pre paid grats. I think we're ok, because we always do that and they don't really itemize it until you print out boarding docs

You can also call and have them send you an invoice. It will show it separately there.