Ever convinced Carnival to ...

CocoaMom

Ever get obc AND be allowed to keep same cabin?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Ever get obc AND be allowed to keep same cabin?

• No, absolutely not, Carnival won't even discuss.
    • Yes I've found someone (or my PVP) at Carnival willing

Keep you in your existing cabin, but giving you obc due to guarantee price? Lots of talk recently - someone books ES a year out, guarantee becomes available for a lot less, but party is unwilling to give up their specific cabin ... Have you accomplished this / how?

Yes, I have done it. What happened was, I called to see if it was possible and the lady on the phone didn't think so but was looking up my information to double check. For some reason I lost her on the phone. I called back and got a different person who said yes and gave me the OBC. I have learned over the years that when you call 100 people at Carnival you will get 100 different answers :)

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I don't know how you can keep a cabin of your choosing at a guarantee assigned cabin rate. I've heard of people giving up a select your own cabin rate to move into the guarantee pool but not your scenario.

Oh I agree with you. Currently I have multiple cabins in a row, all paid in full and would not give them up. What I am hearing / learning is exactly what the above poster mentioned - some are getting this done. My PVP last year told me he could not and even reviewed policy...This year I once again booked ES, satisfied with cabins, but can't wrap my head around why policy is set in stone for majority, but not all. And she's right, keep calling main number and you'll get different answers, ha!

Honestly, I don't begrudge those that have had success but overall it is frustrating that Carnival sets their rules but doesn't enforce them. Overall, I think it makes for more dissatisfied customers. One person get a favor granted and then come here or other public places and talks about it. Then everyone wonders why they can't get the same deal. Either have the rule and enforce it or eliminate the rule.

A good example is something I experienced yesterday. There was an offer for a "More the Merrier" rate. Using the fare viewer, on one page it said you could pick your own room but when you clicked on the rate the next page listed the fare as a guarantee. While is suspected it would be denied I summited for the price drop anyway. After the denial I started the phone calls. I couldn't get anyone to make good on the price but did make them aware how misleading the promotion wording presented. By the way, I am an experienced Carnival Cruiser and am very aware how ES works.

I think I am out growing Carnival. I am fed up with the inconsistency I find on so many levels.

Honestly, I don't begrudge those that have had success but overall it is frustrating that Carnival sets their rules but doesn't enforce them. Overall, I think it makes for more dissatisfied customers. One person get a favor granted and then come here or other public places and talks about it. Then everyone wonders why they can't get the same deal. Either have the rule and enforce it or eliminate the rule.

A good example is something I experienced yesterday. There was an offer for a "More the Merrier" rate. Using the fare viewer, on one page it said you could pick your own room but when you clicked on the rate the next page listed the fare as a guarantee. While is suspected it would be denied I summited for the price drop anyway. After the denial I started the phone calls. I couldn't get anyone to make good on the price but did make them aware how misleading the promotion wording presented. By the way, I am an experienced Carnival Cruiser and am very aware how ES works.

I think I am out growing Carnival. I am fed up with the inconsistency I find on so many levels.

I always thought more the merrier was a guaranteed rate promo.

In terms of the item the OP mention, I guess I don't see how it's possible to move someone in a rate that offers no option to pick your room but then you pick it anyway. Doesn't the rate code prevent the option of keeping your room?

Actually you use to be able to book ES and price match to a Guaranty room and not have to move. This was suppose to have all changed when they restructured the rates. You are suppose to be able to price match to a guarantee room but you give up and go into the guarantee pool.

I would be surprised if anyone has been able price match to a guarantee room and keep their already assigned cabin recently.

I understand. We had an issue a few months back of getting the same room for our upcoming B2B sailing. It took having to email Mischelle (cclsupport@carnival.com) to get the issue resolved. I spoke with FIVE different people. Apparently nobody knew how to do it. Very frustrating.