Need a little help for a marriage proposal

Spire

I would like to have this posted under Freedom of the Seas but I could find a way to post it there. I apologize for that.

Sailing: April 26th

Ship: Freedom of the Seas

I would like to propose to my girlfriend after one of the formal nights on the deck. I am aware that Royal has a proposal package but it has a bunch of stuff I dont want, and the one thing I need it does not provide.

I would like assistance obtaining some video of me asking. I am not looking for excellent sound or video quality, but just something from a spectators point of view just shooting it.

I produce montage video's for our vacations and family trips instead of taking still photo's. I over lap them with a song or music and add related special effects. I would like this event to be the climactic conclusion of this one.

I am not asking any one specific person, or asking that anyone make this their responsibility, but if you are on this cruise, and you see two well dressed red-heads, me with a beard and her looking like an Irish princess, then maybe bust out the camera and help me out by giving me the video later.

I will buy you a drink as it transfers, and tell you the story of how we fell in love.

10253891_10154043730255611_4532405584501288439_n.jpg

Thank you,

RJ

Hi there, and welcome. Here is your specific Roll Call. These are some of the people who are cruising with you - click on the link below to re-post your question.

All the best and may you have many happy years together.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1918533 <--click here

I called them and discussed it them in pretty good detail. They pointed me to the package available online. It offers photo's but nothing semi-extemporaneously or planned video's. Just photo's and its a photo package kind of deal.

Thanks,

Richard

I see you posted on your Roll Call and have already had an offer of help. I think the help will have to come from passengers as opposed to outrageously expensive help from Royal. ;)

You're on your way!

By the way, the Roll Call always moves a little slower than this general board, so don't be discouraged. Once people on your Roll Call read up on recent replies, they will respond more and more. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

It is early enough maybe you could send them a memory card just for that and they could just give it to you when it's over?

If you do a search someone just asked about ideas for a proposal and one of the ideas which I believe they saw actually done was sneak out while she is getting ready and set it up with the ships photographer ahead. They had her pose one way with the guy behind her then when the photog. Told her to turn the other way he was on one knee and they got a picture of that, then someone else could be videoing at the same time.

Edited by Badgertr

Hey,

Hope this finds you well. I want to leave a comment here because proposed to my ex fiance on RCL. And it was AMAZING.

So, I didnt use the package. I Had made a scavenger hunt and then wanted to propose at bingo cause that was Our thing..

So I emailed the food and beverage Director to help set up the scavenger. The day i boarded the ship he sat down with me and helped with a whole crew to have the items in the right places. It was awesome.

Then, i emailed the Cruise Director and told him my plan. He had me be the bingo commisioner on that day. called me up. And when i was finished doing the "bingo thing"

He handed me the mic and i called her up. wrote a poem and memorized.

Well as a good gesture they actually videotaped it for me. And gave us the dvd of it

GOOD LUCK. I wish you many happy years of success

Well you have to hope your GF never reads any of these posts (delete/edit them) so I would go to

the roll call and PM people asking if they could video you, I would shoot for as many people as possible and maybe get a lot of different angles if possible from above the front and over each other shoulders.

Make sure you bring an easy way to download the videos from people while on the ship