RCI Galveston Itineraries

kontraxed

I love cruising out of Houston or Galveston because it is within an hours drive from our home. I particularly like cruising on Royal Caribbean and then NCL or Princess. I don't normally like cruising on Carnival because of its booze cruise reputation. That all being said, Carnival is the only cruise line looking at changing their ports of call and cruise lengths for ships going out of the Houston/Galveston area. I'm tired of the Cozumel - Belize - Honduras - Jamaica - Grand Cayman ports. I personally think they are some of least desirable ports in the Caribbean. Why can't Royal Caribbean (and NCL and Princess) go to some of the Eastern or Southern Caribbean ports or go to Key West or even the Panama Canal? I would think Texas and the Gulf Coast is a pretty big market and would support the expanded sailings. I guess Carnival will be the only one to know.

Princess is running an 11-Night from Houston next March...it includes Panama, Columbia, and Costa Rica. We were booked and ended up deciding to fly to Florida for Celebrity because the 1-2-3 All Inclusive made it worth the flight. I was excited to see something a little different even though I'm not taking advantage of it. They are also running a 10-Night Caribbean just before the cruise that goes to Panama.

I love cruising out of Houston or Galveston because it is within an hours drive from our home. I particularly like cruising on Royal Caribbean and then NCL or Princess. I don't normally like cruising on Carnival because of its booze cruise reputation. That all being said, Carnival is the only cruise line looking at changing their ports of call and cruise lengths for ships going out of the Houston/Galveston area. I'm tired of the Cozumel - Belize - Honduras - Jamaica - Grand Cayman ports. I personally think they are some of least desirable ports in the Caribbean. Why can't Royal Caribbean (and NCL and Princess) go to some of the Eastern or Southern Caribbean ports or go to Key West or even the Panama Canal? I would think Texas and the Gulf Coast is a pretty big market and would support the expanded sailings. I guess Carnival will be the only one to know.

Some great ideas above, and the occasional fluke itinerary or reposition cruise is worth keeping an eye out for. Sometimes ships also go to Costa Maya. I too prefer the Southern and Eastern Caribbean, aside from Grand Cayman. ;)

Carnival has comfortable beds, surprisingly excellent MDR food, they're just not going to WOW you with entertainment and decor like some of the other lines. The best time to go on Carnival is September/October/November, maybe the first week of December. On a 7 day cruise, people tend to range between 35 - 45, not a booze cruise this time of year.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor