Future cruises desk ?

Just idly surfing while the soaps are on and found a 2014 blog about Thomson Majesty with a reference to a "future cruises desk where you can book your next cruise, normally at a discount"...

When I was on the Destiny I met up with a gentleman who had booked a short notice Christmas cruise at a very reduced price whilst on board.

Just wondered if they still have a future cruise desk on the Majesty or any other ship & if so has anyone seen any good deals on their next cruise whilst aboard their current one?

Surely they wouldn't charge the £25 not online booking fee on the ship would they? :eek:

Edited by Stevio

There is a future cruise desk on Thomsons ships but in my experience it is never any cheaper and often more than booking at home.

I've haven't been on Majesty so don't know definitely but on the other ships.

Edited by happy v

There is a future cruise desk on Thomsons ships but in my experience it is never any cheaper and often more than booking at home.

I've haven't been on Majesty so don't know definitely but on the other ships.

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, that's what I figured... Just been looking between two cruises on my leave in October, a 14 day Majesty which has gone up by a couple of hundred quid over the last month & NCL Jade which has gone down over the same period to almost an equal price... Was thinking if I liked the Majesty in April I could maybe get the best deal aboard... Then again, nah cruise companies don't work that way do they.:o

Edited by Stevio

There was definitely a future cruise advisor on Majesty when I was onboard last September - he was either at the excursions desk or at his own desk in the reception area.

As I recall the cruises weren't discounted per se, but I think he said that they matched the online price and gave you additional onboard credit when you booked, which is a definite financial benefit.

As I recall the cruises weren't discounted per se, but I think he said that they matched the online price and gave you additional onboard credit when you booked, which is a definite financial benefit.

Ooh that sounds worthy of investigation. Thanks for that, I will go on my next cruise armed with all the info & see if I can't negotiate a deal. :)

• 2 weeks later...