Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston, Texas

rubykay

We have booked a cruise out of Galveston in April. It goes to Roatan, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico. I am looking for any ideas for excursions in those places. We have been looking on the Royal Caribbean website but there aren't many reviews on there so I am not sure what to do. Any ideas or helpful hints would be great!

Thank you!!

This is an interesting tour I think $30 PP My daughter, and I, are planning this. Have fun.

.boddentours.com/

Highlight of our trip to Roatan, especially the monkeys :D (We just did the city tour with monkey stop)

Belize: Cave tubing is amazing both through either cave tubing.biz or .com, been on both and a super tour!

Cozumel: My favorite is the cozumelbarhop, the east side of the island is so beautiful. Been on that excursion 5 times :D

I see you are new to the site. There is a port board for each of these places that is filled with information. You might want to check those out for ideas. This post will soon get moved somewhere since it's asking about specific port information but since it asks about all of them not sure where it will go.

Happy Planning & Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Dawna

I go on this cruise regularly since I'm in Texas. But I very rarely ever do a ship tour no matter where I am.

Coz: either the bar hop (and it's a fun bus ride to the other uninhabited side of the island, not a drunken booze trip as it may sound) cozumelbarhop.com

For a nice beach day in Cozumel: Nachi Cocom. There are usually a LOAD of ships in port in Coz so it's nice to go to Nachi b/c they cap the number of people who are admitted so book in advance. All Inclusive for $55 -ish .

cozumelnachicocom.com

For more of a party beach day, Mr. Sanchos. They have an all inclusive side as well as a pay as you go side.

Also the last time I was there, I did the Cozumel Chef's tour. There were only 4 of us, we went to various out of the way authentic restaurants and tried lots of food as well as local beers or soda. Also went to some markets and a bakery. Wonderful and I highly recommend it.

http://www.cozumelchef.com/services/foodtourscozumel/

Farthest from the port (so an extra $5 /cab) is a beach club. Playa Palancar. this one is less commercialized. Quiet but not fancy. They have a dive shop and you can also get snorkel gear and they can take you out of a boat to the reef.

This place is pay as you go with wonderful attentive service. Last time we were there, a fisherman brought a fish up in his boat, the restaurant bought it and my friend and I ordered it up. Can't get much fresher than that.

http://www.buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

(Cozumel is one of my very favorite ports, can you tell?).

Belize:

Cave tubing: a jungle trek and nature walk (about 45 minutes) and a leisurely float down a river through several caves. You can add a zip lining option

Includes transportation, modern tubes w head rests, lunch. $50

cavetubing.bz (bz for belize not for biz)

Belize also has some good Mayan ruins.

OH and make sure to pick up some Marie Sharpe's hot sauces in the shops at the port.

Roatan, Honduras

For an inexpensive private tour I recommend Rony and his family. I think it was $80 total for the 2 of us and we had the car and driver pretty much all day. You can build your own tour or they can make suggestions.

I like to go to either Bananarama and spend the day snorkeling and relaxing. This is a bit high energy compared to my next suggestion.

http://bananarama.com/ OR

For a relaxing pampering day we go to Mayan princess and do a day pass at the San Simon Beach club. I think it was $25 for the day pass and use of facilities (Beach chairs, palapas, pool, bathrooms etc. You will get a very attentive waiter as you sit on the beach and order ala carte. Food and beverages extra. Very nice facilities.

Here are some recent photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1963872

If you do a beach day on Roatan, I'd advise bringing bug spray. They sometimes have an issue w/ sand fleas (though I've never run into it at Mayan Princess).

We have booked a cruise out of Galveston in April. It goes to Roatan, Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico. I am looking for any ideas for excursions in those places. We have been looking on the Royal Caribbean website but there aren't many reviews on there so I am not sure what to do. Any ideas or helpful hints would be great!

Thank you!!

If you google shore excursions you can find many different options at almost every port. We've taken this route for most of our excursions off of every ship and never had a bad experience. It will really depend what you want to do. We are on NOS in May and we opted to do a beach day in cozumel. The site we used had 7 or 8 options for all inclusive resorts with everything included-drinks, food and fun!! Usually quite a bit cheaper than the cruise offerings too.