Dinner at Grande on embarkation day

direptor

Hi all,

Can i confirm with everyone if Grande's attire on embarkation day is smart casual? I've emailed RCI about it and their reply to me was just a copy and paste from the website stating Grande is formal everyday.

Read a few reviews stating that Grande is smart casual on embarkation day and knowing my parents who dislike dressing up in formal, this would be a good chance for them to try Grande once without the need to dress up.

Thanks.

We are sailing March 1st on Quantum, so I have been reading the posts on every facet of the ship. My understanding from other posters is, on embarkation day they relax the "formal" rules for the Grande. And they allow for smart casual that evening.

Most important thing is getting reservations for that evening way ahead of time if you want to have a chance at eating there that night and the time you desire.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Lisa

Thanks. I've already made a reservation for Grande on day 1 and hopefully the food suits my parents well enough to make them consider if they want dress up to come again or stick to the other complimentary restaurants for the rest of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise too.

Hi all,

Can i confirm with everyone if Grande's attire on embarkation day is smart casual? I've emailed RCI about it and their reply to me was just a copy and paste from the website stating Grande is formal everyday.

Read a few reviews stating that Grande is smart casual on embarkation day and knowing my parents who dislike dressing up in formal, this would be a good chance for them to try Grande once without the need to dress up.

Thanks.

Seems that RCCL customer service doesn't even know how to copy paste correctly.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334

"Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)"

This is directly from their website. :) So yes, Grande is smart casual 1st night.

Seems that RCCL customer service doesn't even know how to copy paste correctly.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334

"Note: Smart Casual is allowed on Boarding Day at The Grande Restaurant (should only be included where we are speaking about The Grande)"

This is directly from their website. :) So yes, Grande is smart casual 1st night.

Thanks alot for that. I've gotten a few responses from them that turned out false before as well. Seems like CC is still more reliable than their customer service...