Any penaity if "3rd person free" doesn't go

kstep40203

Thinking about upgrading to take advantage of UBP and 3rd person free promo. Daughter wants to go but isn't sure if she can get off. If I book 3rd person and she can't go can I remove her before the sail date? Or if worst case am I opening myself up to any penalty (other than Port Fees) if she just doesn't show up for the cruise?

I believe you'd just lose port fees and taxes (which MAY even be refundable if not used!), but I'd be sure to let NCL know as soon as you do. Your PCC should be able to confirm when you book, too.

As someone who never used to get it but does now for every trip, I would recommend travel insurance, too.

Edited by Guindalf

Thinking about upgrading to take advantage of UBP and 3rd person free promo. Daughter wants to go but isn't sure if she can get off. If I book 3rd person and she can't go can I remove her before the sail date? Or if worst case am I opening myself up to any penalty (other than Port Fees) if she just doesn't show up for the cruise?

Best thing would be to check NCL.com for cancellation policy. There are different rules depending on when booked cabin type, sailing etc.

There is some fine print at the bottom that speaks to 3rd-8th person and the policy seems pretty friendly.

No, there is no penalty. In fact anyone beyond the 1st and 2nd can be canceled up to I believe 5 days before the cruise and get a refund (if you had to pay for them). If they are not going to make the trip you can let NCL know and you should get the port fees and taxes refunded.

6&8