ISO Detailed Intinerary for Alaska Cruisetour #7B

sarahirschman

Hi-

I am hoping to get some detailed information regarding the land portion of RCI Cruise Tour #7B. The "planner" in me would like a more detailed description of how much time we have each stop and whether or not the included excursions are worth it. I would like to book additional excursions if time permits but have not been given any additional information that what is listed below.

The itinerary is as follows:

11 JUL FAIRBANKS HOTEL

12 JUL RIVERBOAT DISCOVERY TOUR

12 JUL TRANSFER FAI TO DNL

12 JUL DENALI DISCOVERY PROGRAM

12 JUL DENALI HOTEL

13 JUL DENALI NATURAL HISTORY TOUR (will upgrade to Tundra Wilderness)

13 JUL DENALI HOTEL

14 JUL RAIL PM - DNL TO TLK

14 JUL TALKEETNA ALASKAN LODGE

15 JUL RAIL PM - TLK TO ANC

15 JUL ANCHORAGE MARRIOTT

16 JUL MOTORCOACH ANC TO SWD

16 JUL SEWARD WIND SONG LODGE

17 JUL RESURRECTION BAY CRUISE

17 JUL TRANSFER TO SHIP IN SWD

Thanks for any information!

Hi-

I am hoping to get some detailed information regarding the land portion of RCI Cruise Tour #7B. The "planner" in me would like a more detailed description of how much time we have each stop and whether or not the included excursions are worth it. I would like to book additional excursions if time permits but have not been given any additional information that what is listed below.

The itinerary is as follows:

11 JUL FAIRBANKS HOTEL

12 JUL RIVERBOAT DISCOVERY TOUR

12 JUL TRANSFER FAI TO DNL

12 JUL DENALI DISCOVERY PROGRAM

12 JUL DENALI HOTEL

13 JUL DENALI NATURAL HISTORY TOUR (will upgrade to Tundra Wilderness)

13 JUL DENALI HOTEL

14 JUL RAIL PM - DNL TO TLK

14 JUL TALKEETNA ALASKAN LODGE

15 JUL RAIL PM - TLK TO ANC

15 JUL ANCHORAGE MARRIOTT

16 JUL MOTORCOACH ANC TO SWD

16 JUL SEWARD WIND SONG LODGE

17 JUL RESURRECTION BAY CRUISE

17 JUL TRANSFER TO SHIP IN SWD

Thanks for any information!

You have little time in Fairbanks, if you can add days, do so- the boat tour is 3 hours, drive to Denali which will be in the afternoon is 2 .25 hours. The Discovery Program is a look at the Visitor Center, I haven't seen it include the Sled dog demo, but those run at 4 with the bus from the Visitor Center. You already know the worthlessness of the NHT, IF you are ambitious you could possibility have no further cash outlay IF you get the ability to change over your ticket to the Eielson Shuttle. This is extremely worthwhile to get to but does require an additional effort that many aren't willing to do. Otherwise the cost should be over $100 for 2 to get on the TWT.

Train leaves Denali at 12:30p Arrives Talkeetna 4:40p The Talkeetna Lodge is a mile away. Leaves 4:50p the next day, arrives in Anchorage 8pm. Bus to Seward is about 3.5 hours, there may be a few stops? Unknown bus times, ask again once the season starts and call the Anc hotel as well. IF you have one of the later schedules, AND you have an interest in Seward activities- which are gems http://www.seward.com you can arrange your own transportation there and take advantage of touring opportunities.

In my opinion the Resurrection Bay cruise is a waste of time and grossly inferior to a regular Kenai Fjords boat tour. This is a varied wildlife opportunity and close up glacier look that is also grossly superior to anything seen from your cruise ship.

With the above, and your possible further planning, determine- how you wish to spend your time. I'm a firm believer that touring is half your trip, and not the place to skimp. Ask yourself what you want out of your visit and how likely you are to return.

Edited by Budget Queen