Photos of Family OV that sleeps five.

Biz64

Does anyone have any photos of the Family OV rooms that sleep 5 on the Breakaway/Getaway? We are booked in this type of room on the Escape with kids aged 9, 7, 4, and I just want to see how the beds are made to fit 5 people. Photos of when the beds are prepared in the evening would be great.

Cool! Thanks kj! So looks like the couch turns into a bed that sleeps 2 kids. So I wonder if the couch is smaller on the balcony cabins that sleep 4? Cause that room has a pullman bed also, but only sleeps 4. Bummed that we couldn't get a balcony to sleep 5. I wonder why NCL would not offer this on their new ships? We sailed in a balcony with the five of us on the Allure, and on Disney Dream too. It was nice having some extra space.

Cool! Thanks kj! So looks like the couch turns into a bed that sleeps 2 kids. So I wonder if the couch is smaller on the balcony cabins that sleep 4? Cause that room has a pullman bed also, but only sleeps 4. Bummed that we couldn't get a balcony to sleep 5. I wonder why NCL would not offer this on their new ships? We sailed in a balcony with the five of us on the Allure, and on Disney Dream too. It was nice having some extra space.

I believe the balconies on Getaway, Breakaway and most likely Escape that sleep 4 have one person sleeping in a drop down bed (not two on couch).

We had an aft facing balcony stateroom on Getaway (best cruise ever) for 2 people. Balcony was wonderful but our set up had bed by closet and it was tough to access. We're booked on the Escape with our grown daughter in one of the 01 family oceanview staterooms and on the Breakaway with our best friends in category 01 oceanview stateroom. LOL we seem to be cruising more often and need to contain costs :) At our age none of us are willing to sleep in an upper bed.

The newer ships have sleeping arrangements for 5 with a balcony but you need to go to the suite level (real suite, not mini suite). Cost is obviously more but Norwegian suite perks are really great and current promotions include a lot of extras.

Well, now we are thinking of booking my 4 year old daughter in my sister's room. They may only have three people if her son can't go. So maybe we will change to a balcony, if my daughter still wants to sleep with us maybe we can fit her on the floor next to the couch. She loves to sleep in a sleeping bag anyway lol

Stayed in family OV on Feb CTN. Room is great. But hated the bath tub/shower. If you are over 5'7" you are going to have difficult time standing in tub. Handheld shower head. Glad we were only in room for 2 days.

I'm 6'5" and stood in the tub just fine, I was happy for the handheld shower wand though, getting to my hair would have been an adventure with a fixed shower head.

Rogue.... Not sure what ship you were on and what room but on Breakaway Family OV on deck 5 you would not have been able to stand in tub and not hit ceiling. But happy to hear you had no problems

That's the one! I'm not going to suggest I had a ton of clearance but I don't remember being hunched over.