ncl. ultimate drink package READ / CALL

ncldawn

I don't think it's made-up because it's not bad enough to make up. If someone really wanted to stir things they would come up with something more dramatic than this I'm sure.

Most likely is it's related to the change in prices and the systems being updated. Complex IT systems don't get updated at the click of the fingers, they take time and a lot of effort to get "right" and that often means they need testing. Having gone through several of these situations at work we have had to work on a temporary system for a few days whilst the new stuff is uploaded and tested.

Having said that it could be a new bartender, a misunderstanding, a reduced cocktail menu, someone forgot to put all the menus out today, restrictions due to going back to port etc etc.

There is no point in getting upset about it until the exact facts are known. Besides, just what 10 drinks the OP was referring too isn't clear - is it cocktails, or martinis, or does it include beer or wine or soft drinks. Maybe the reason no one else has mentioned it is because no one else is really bothered because it's only a limitation in a certain area/bar/drink type.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Of course there are and wifi throughout the ship, anyone and everyone is connected if they want. Also many other CC members on the ship. I'm not saying the OP is full of it. Someone else please do that[emoji12]

Lol thats where i'm getting at. I'm sure there would have been multiple posts about this.

We were on the Epic last month. When we ordered drinks with the UBP sometimes we were charged full price for the drinks and yet they never appeared on our account. Other times we were charged zero and they hand wrote UBP at the top of the receipt.

It doesn't matter if the limit is $10 or $11 any purchase for a drink less than that amount will be taken off your account. Perhaps the OP just didn't understand that on day one. I'm sure everything is straightened out by now. Why spend time and money formulating a response, when every thing is fine and you are busy enjoying your vacation.

Much a due about nothing.

I'm hoping other people on this ship will chime in, as lots of people are complaining. I'll send menu pics when I have a better connection. When I asked if I could print out the drink menu from gambi, as an example, I was told no.

If it's not too late try finding internet service in a port then get them to print it. It will also be way cheaper than NCL gauging internet prices.

from someone on the GA:

Found the mojito bar in the pouring rain! All is right with the world and with the UBP. No worries!:)

Whewwww thank goodness!! I'll be able to sleep tonight! Jk I'll be too excited thinking about the drinks I'll be drinking on the Breakaway next week!!

Way too harsh. First of all, a business-as-usual report from one person on GA doesn't have anything to do with what OP may have experienced on Gem. And, if there was no issue, I would assume it was all a misunderstanding rather than purposeful deceit. Geesh.

Can anyone provide some clear and accurate information on what is included in the UBP? I see one choice of wine and that is all we drink.

We just booked with the UDP and UBP and never considered wine would be limited.

Can anyone provide some clear and accurate information on what is included in the UBP? I see one choice of wine and that is all we drink.

A few months ago on BA, we had many, many wines to choose from at dinner, a bit fewer but still quite a few at the bar. Any wine under $10 was included.

Edited by conandrob240

Until recently the UBP included all glasses of wine under $10 and a 20% discount on the purchase of bottles of wine. There is no discount on purchasing a Viva Vino package.

It seems there has been some very recent changes to the terms and conditions of the package. The only one I can see pertaining to wine is that the UBP now includes beverages up to $11. This would include glasses of wine.

There should be no limits to wine other that what I just mentioned. As many have posted it might seem as if what the OP was reporting was something that was just a transitional occurrence and should straighten itself out ASAP if it has not already done so.

I have not heard of or seen any changes whatsoever to the UDP.

You should have a great cruise enjoying all your specialty dining and the wine you drink with it. :)

Rochelle

Really glad the UBP is "business as usual". We are now a group of 29 booked on the Pearl to Alaska in August 2016 and most of us chose the UBP. Since I got the group together I would have had to tell very one if it had changed. Whew! [emoji3]

I have been silently reading and we are booked on 3/29 sailing of the Epic. I not worried about UBP being limited or not for our sailing. If this were true, IMHO I believe NCL would have made some kind of official statement by now or as other poster before have said, why aren't others coming off GEM reporting same problem OP had on that same sailing?! Just doesn't seem like good marketing on NCL's part. I also agree with post above me.

P.S.- We leave in 28 days! Now where's the bar! LOL

Edited by cruizinrican

Again, we still have no idea what is happening with the beverage package inboard the Gem right now. We have no idea if the OP was accurate and there is or was a dramatic change to UBP on this ship/sailing, whether it was a misunderstanding of some sort or if he/she was being a troll. The ship is at sea. In my experience, few people check in here on CC live, especially at sea. I still would love to hear from the OP but I do not automatically assume she is a troll and I even do not yet dismiss this whole thing as inaccurate. Time will tell.

Again, we still have no idea what is happening with the beverage package inboard the Gem right now. We have no idea if the OP was accurate and there is or was a dramatic change to UBP on this ship/sailing, whether it was a misunderstanding of some sort or if he/she was being a troll. The ship is at sea. In my experience, few people check in here on CC live, especially at sea. I still would love to hear from the OP but I do not automatically assume she is a troll and I even do not yet dismiss this whole thing as inaccurate. Time will tell.

I'm on the Breakaway and I can confirm that all is good here! I've had 3 diff drinks (2 mojito and a cherry lime aid), bf had corona and a jack and coke and the UBP is covering all!

We are on the Epic right now. There are no problems with UBP. My girlfriend had the rebellious fish (no charge) in a regular glass. If you want the souvenir glass, it's $1.75 I believe. Had glenfiddich and Jack Daniels on the rocks, all covered by UBP. Saw others ordering Lemon Drops, Bahama Mamas, etc with UBP with no problem.