Twin bed configuration on longship

mimimary

Booked on Viking Scadi this spring. We have a French balcony cabin. I'm wondering how a twin bed configuration would work. Would we still have access to the sliding door. Just wondering. Hubby and I really sleep better in separate beds.

You are on the Viking Oceans board, and you want the river cruising board. That said, we have had a French balcony on 2 cruises. There are 2 small stands that are at each side of the bed when the beds are together. I assume those stands would just be placed between the beds when they are in twin formation, thereby not impacting your access to the sliding door.

Becki

My daughter and I have done six Viking river cruises and despite the fact that our reservations designate "separate beds" they have often been together when we board. They will happily separate them for you and it is just as the poster above notes; everything moves pretty easily. We haven't always asked for the separation as it entails a change in the bedding (bedskirts) and that is a hassle ... but we find that they are indeed two separate beds just pushed together and it is pretty much like sleeping "separate".

Have fun!

One of the beds pretty much ends up being pushed against the bathroom wall so that the other bed does not interfere with the sliding door. The only downside is that the person in the bed against the wall tends to bang their elbow when they turn over. At least that's been my own personal experience. The nightstand that was on the bathroom wall in the queen/king configuration gets moved to the middle, between the two beds.

They are 'true kings' in that the single beds are 'true twins' and not narrower twins. So, when pushed together, they make up the width of a full-sized King. Most ships have narrower twins and when pushed together are more the size of our standard Queen beds. At least that's what I was told. Given that more than a few cruisers are not husbands and wives but friends and don't want to necessarily sleep in the same bed, I can see why Viking does it this way.

Right! Because of the narrower bed size, (we have a king at home) we have often asked that the beds on the cruise ships be set up in twin configuration, but in recent years, we would arrive at our cabin to find that the request had not been honored. So, I just gave up asking, rather than putting up with the frustration. I am looking forward to the extra space on the Viking Star.

Becki