Help finding good TA

maulie

I know we cannot name agencies on the board, but I am looking for a TA that will give me a nice discount on my next cruise. I am seeing better pricing online, but I would feel more confortable with a few referrals.

We are looking at the 3/30 sailing of the Tahitian Princess. Our current TA quoted us brochure pricing. Any suggestions?

Maulie

Although it varies by TA, most online TAs offer lower-than-brochure prices! The TAs that advertise on this board would be a good place to start. (See the "Cruise Agencies" link at the top of the Cruise Critic page).

You should always verify any payments you make if you're concerned about dealing with an online TA or one without any recommendations. As with any major purchase, I recommend that you pay all fares with a credit card that provides buyer protection. Once you authorize a credit card payment, you can check online or call your credit card company to verify how much has been charged and that the charge is by the cruise company, not the TA.

Before you book with any TA, I recommend that you verify the TA's cancellation policy IN WRITING. Some TAs have cancellation or change fees in addition to those charged by the cruise lines. So if you decide to cancel before final payment or find a much cheaper fare with another TA, you could have to pay a fee to your TA even though there would be no such charge ato do so by the cruise line. This can be OK and understandable, but just something you should consider when making your decision as to which TA to use.

I've booked several cruises for myself and friends/family with online TAs and have not had any unresolved issues.

Thanks for the info. I did an Online search for prices, called my land TA and asked about their policy on price matching. No questions asked, except verifcation of pricing, and she price matched!

We are now booked on the 3/30 sailing of the TP. It just proves, it never hurts to ask for a price reduction, they can only say no.:D

Archived