Ideas for older travelers?

erin327

I will be visiting in May with my husband, two daughters (ages 4 and 7), and my in laws (early 70s with slight mobility issues). I am looking for some gentle shore excursions we could do with our group. We won't be looking for the party bus or anything of that sort, but a nice boat tour or bus tour would be great. Even a snorkel trip that would allow the girls would work as my in laws could enjoy the boat ride and watching the kids snorkel. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Have you read the first page of this board? There isn't much to see on Grand Turk. There is an excursion bus tour of what is there, there are jeeps or scooters or golf carts to rent, you can snorkel, or you can hang out at the beach (and eat or drink or not). That's about it.

Read a few threads, then come back with some specific questions if you have any.

True. I am sorry. I guess I just got carried away posting on all of our ports. It is really our other ports where I need input. Grand turk will be s beach day for us. We may rent a cabana for my father in law to cool off. I am not sure whether the walk from the beach to the villa would be a lot closer than back to the ship to cool off? We are in port 7am-2pm. I don't know how early he will feel up to getting off of the ship. It may not leave much time to use the cabana.

Grand Turk is best to be reserved as a beach day, the beach within the port area is very nice. If Margaritaville does not fit your style, there are some other places down the beach to hang out and relax it.

We did do an island tour last year and yes there is not much of scenery, outside of the port area its rather undeveloped and not much to really see or do.

• 1 month later...

we did the gibbs cay stingray excursions. we had a mobility person in our group. you take a boat ride to a private island. they pull up to the beach and your parents can stay on the little boat and watch or lay on the beach while everyone else interacts with the stingrays and snorkles.