Resolution to USAirways damaged baggage

just4kixx

Perhaps some of you remember my posts from July about my DDs luggage being damaged upon return from FLL to Philly. Long story short, USAirways made settlement, which I received today in the mail... exactly 10 weeks after the occurance.

Within 4 weeks of the occurance, we did receive a brand new piece of luggage identical to that which had been lost.

It was the clothing that had been damaged, as well as the inconvenience to return items, take & develop pictures, make phone calls, sit on hold for like forever... write letters, pay postage, parking, tolls, gas... and miss work... that we had been waiting for settlement on.

In today's mail I got an apology, along with a check in an amount equal to twice the value of the clothes lost. I think the settlement was fair, and wanted to commend USAir for making good in a bad situation, even though they make it very difficult to navigate the claims system.:rolleyes: All in 10 weeks time, too!

Wish I hadn't had to go through it, but glad the settlement was reasonable. By the way, I did have travel insurance, and had a claim on hold, waiting to hear back from USAir before submitting it to the insurance company. Now I won't have to!

Just wanted to let you all know.

A~:)

Archived