Set Sail Pass

WERCRUISIN

This may be crazy but it is really disturbing me. We are taking our first cruise ever on October 3. When you fill out the setsail pass online do you have to/ or should you but the teens (14 and 15) accessible to charge account? I feel that I need to for their sake when they aren't with us. But also, it terrifies me to do that? Are the teenage boys going to need any additional money while on ship and will they be able to use cash? Just need some feedback from someone who has experience this with teens before? Thanks for any help. :rolleyes:

When we went on our June cruise, our DS (13) had his own room key & was allowed to charge purchases to his card. We didn't make a big deal of the card, only telling him it's purposes & not to lose it. :p Although he knew he could purchase anything he wanted, he didn't charge one cent to it. I think the fact that we didn't make a big deal about what he could or couldn't buy, & didn't set limitations on the card, reduced the temptation to use it. Well anyway, it worked for us. :D You can keep up with their spending, & if they go crazy the 1st couple days, just cut them off.

Friends went to the Front Desk and stated that the kids would get $10.00/day only. This was so the kids could play arcade games and eat at Johnny Rocket's without having to find mom and dad (14, 15 yr olds). It worked for them. Also tell the Front Desk to put the tips on your card (for the kids) for the Cabin stward/waiters ect.

Archived