Mediterranean links

ce_cruise

Well most of us at this stage are here because we like to plan our cruise vacation. We are all out there researching our cruise ports and possible excursions. To facilitate that we are all on the web book marking our various websites. There is a wealth of information that we can share with one another. It does not matter whether you are on the first Mediterranean cruise or the last one you can share your research by leaving your link in this post. This idea for the links came after I looked at a link to using the trains in Europe before or after your cruise posted by "Velvetwater".

My idea is that you can give a brief summary of the link or if no summary is beneficial just leave the link. Some examples of links would be excursion companies, hotels and port information sites. I will get us started.

The link below allows you to research the ports that you are going to. It creates a route book that you can print out. For each port it gives you a brief summary of the main tourist attractions. It tells you the ways that you can get there and the estimated costs. It also links you to private excursions for that port.

http://shorebee.com/en

Tell your fellow roll call members to leave their links here for the benefit of all. Thank you in advance to everyone that leaves a link. :D

What a great idea.

I appreciate most on here are from the other side of the atlantic so For anyone wishing to fly in and around Europe before or after the cruise there are a few low cost airlines to checkout...

Ryanair

EasyJet

FlyBe

Jet 2

Iberia

I hope that helps someone, just be aware as they are low cost airlines baggage rules tend to be adhered to strictly :)

A website (for airfare) that shows airlines that orbitz, priceline, etc may not that I use for checking on international travel $$ is....

https://www.hipmunk.com/

"Find cheap flights and deals on hotels with Hipmunk. We search hundreds of travel sites to find the best prices and take the agony out of travel planning"

It may not look like much, but after you try it out with a mock booking, you'll see all the details and options that you may not see on other sites.

Just bringing my original thread over:

I have read some posts here and on the roll call forums about people doing some Europe holidaying or trying to fly cheaply then train to Barcelona etc. Not to mention many people who might be sick of planes by the time they get over here.

Just thought I would post this amazing site I have used in the past and used to find out how to get to Barcelona for our Vista Journey. You can email him too for advice. All journeys usually say they start from London but you can use the itineraries and prices for the rest of Europe.

http://www.seat61.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My family and I found the maps we purchased from MapEasy were a great way to map out our planned destinations for the day. They are reasonably priced, laminated so they hold up well and very, very easy to read.

They are not available for all destinations, but the ones that are available are definitely worth the $7.95.

http://www.mapeasy.com/home.cfm