Your thoughts on Dream?

cocacola86

For those that are recently off the Dream and stayed on the ship during port days...is the pool still open while in port? We are doing the Eastern in May, and I really haven't found an excursion I want take. I'm just looking forward to being on vacation.

Thanks!

No matter the ship, pools & waterslide(s) will most likely be open when in port, weather permitting. There might be some rare times that they decide to do some maintenance, but I haven't seen that happen during the daytimes.

The Dream is our least favorite ship. Too many people everywhere we went. The MDR staff was over worked and couldn't give the attention to their guests as the can on smaller ships. I've talked to crew members of other ships and they had the same opinion.

The ship is nice, just too many people.

We were on the Dream on 2013 LOVED it, loved everything about the ship. Its a beautiful ship, and my experience with the crew was awesome. We had a large group (12 people) and some of the group were a bit rowdy especiallhy at dinner in the MDR, our wait staff was very patient with our crazy bunch and the Maitre De even told me he missed us on one of the nights that we werent there, he said that we livened things up lol. The Dream spoiled me though because now I dont want to go on the smaller ships. There was more to do and more options for dining. We were on the ship for 7 days and I know that when I sail on her again I will still find things that I didnt get to experience on her the first time! By the way - I had an interior Spa Cabin and was worth every penny.

We were on the dream last january and we had a great trip.

The dream doesn't have guys burgers or the burrito bar but it has most of the other lunch options (you can still get burgers and there is a burrito station by the buffet). My husband enjoyed the tandoori station. I liked the pizza an the make your own pasta upstairs. The deli is also pretty good. Kids liked getting grilled cheese whenever they want.

We enjoyed most of our dinners. Never had anything we had to send back.

Entertainment was fine. Not broadwayor anything but good. Some of the singers in the atrium area were really good. I don't remember their names.

Most carnival ships have plenty to do on sea days. I just relax.

I have a review in my signature.

Did you notice that any service was downhill, like some people talk about

The service was great for us and very kind to our children. There were little things that I really appreciated when it came to my kids.

As a small example... my 7 year old son loved the pizza. He ate that every day for lunch and he felt like a big kid going up to the counter by himself to get it. The guy making the pizza knew exactly what he wanted each time he went up there. He would also walk around the counter and personally hand it to my "short" 7 year old...each and every time.

The Dream is our least favorite ship. Too many people everywhere we went. The MDR staff was over worked and couldn't give the attention to their guests as the can on smaller ships. I've talked to crew members of other ships and they had the same opinion.

The ship is nice, just too many people.

Just got off the ship last week and we ate in the MDR every night. I never noticed them being overworked. We had your time dining and each of our previous waiters would always say hello and address us by name as they or we passed by.

My husband even surprised me in the MDR with a little re-proposal on the first elegant night. All of the wait staff were extremely nice and congratulated me for many nights to come.

For those that are recently off the Dream and stayed on the ship during port days...is the pool still open while in port? We are doing the Eastern in May, and I really haven't found an excursion I want take. I'm just looking forward to being on vacation.

Thanks!

Yes, opened every port. We have younger kids...so we were back on the ship by noon each port day. So after lunch, we headed up to the waterworks. It was great to have it basically to ourselves each day. :D My son and myself got to ride the slides too many times to count.

Did you notice that any service was downhill, like some people talk about

Not at all our service was awesome, our room stewards even incorporated my son's stuffed puppy and a couple of our souvenirs with the towel animals it was adorable. The food and service in the dining room were terrific even with as many people as we had at our table they were very attentive and made sure that the water was always filled. It became a bit of a joke with my son and I, my son drinks a lot of water and he would drink half the glass in just about one gulp, put his glass down turn around and it was being filled again before he had a chance to pick it back up again. So he started trying to see just how fast they could fill his glass.

It was my sons first cruise and my second. I felt very pampered and well taken care of the entire time.

Just got off the ship last week and we ate in the MDR every night. I never noticed them being overworked. We had your time dining and each of our previous waiters would always say hello and address us by name as they or we passed by.

My husband even surprised me in the MDR with a little re-proposal on the first elegant night. All of the wait staff were extremely nice and congratulated me for many nights to come.

Maybe they have added staff since we went. Maybe we'll give her another chance.