World Cruise Reviews

katydyd

You just jogged my memory about the tides in Shanghi. I remember oh so well what we were up against trying to make the tides in time! Luckily we did but it was nip and tuck!

As for food, we found 95% of the food in all restaurants very good! We had a problem one night in Signatures but it was due more to the "attitude" of the waiter than the food. What worked well for us was to special order an outstanding dish the night before. We especially liked the Dover Sole and would let Patrick (Restaurant Mgr) know the night before if we wanted it for the following evening. (there were about 5 exceptional dishes we would special order maybe once a week). Sometimes we'd also order a Grand Marnier souffle for the following evening. YUM! Also, we ALWAYS enjoyed LaVeranda....never once had a disappointing meal there. Actually, always had good luck in Latitudes too.

Again, I never heard anyone on our cruise comment about the senior staff being the least bit standoffish. Most of the passengers (both full cruise and segments) were great. We had one very very difficult couple (?) booked for the entire WC but all they did was b*tch about everything and were asked to leave in Bora Bora. They were causing havoc to EVERYONE on board and so rude to the staff. We celebrated seeing them leave!

If it makes you feel any better, you didn't miss much not seeing Okinawa. Not much to do and it drizzled the entire day we were there. It was my LEAST favorite port. The Japanese immigration people kept everyone on board for hours requiring each passenger to be cleared individually. After about 3 hours of this, they finally did a blanket clearance and let everyone off (before an uproar broke out!)

cruiseguy, I'd prefer not to go into the details. Some I personally witnessed and somethings I heard 2nd hand from fellow passengers. I will tell you it was things that were beyond belief , some downright vulger, and inconsiderate for everyone onboard. I will share one incident .......once I got on the elevator with one of men and he refused to put out his cigar. There were about 6 of us in the elevator and when a passenger told him nicely that smoking in the elevator was not allowed (especially a cigar!) he made some rude comment to the effect that we could all just "shove it #&%@".

Lots of other things,.... continually got worse.

Radisson handled their exit from the WC very professionally and discretely.

Archived