Epic - St. Patrick's Day

daisy3774

Outside of the northeast US nobody does St. Patrick's day well. I'd go to the dollar store & bring your own. I would hope that O'Sheehan's would have something going on.

Granted it was on Princess but they had a green shamrock cake on display but that was it. They didn't even put Guinness & Jamison on special. I think they had Corona & woo woos or something stupid & not traditional at all. :rolleyes:

We sailed on the Epic on St Patrick's Day a couple years ago. They really didn't plan anything special other that putting some decorations up throughout the ship.

We decked ourselves out in St Patrick's Day gear and made our own party. Since it happened to be the first day of the cruise we ended up making some friends real fast because we were having so much fun.

80570908_stpatricks.jpg.175926938655f6d0fb9bea6403785fb2.jpg

1401109702_stpatricks2.jpg.40882730b770d56eed8ef959a636a619.jpg

265982647_stpatricks3.jpg.2e5ecfdd40f2ad8e47291a4f7228b30a.jpg

1106589537_stpatricks4.jpg.58cd2a0d9509e6354463474fb1851379.jpg

Edited by lbrandon

Outside of the northeast US nobody does St. Patrick's day well. I'd go to the dollar store & bring your own. I would hope that O'Sheehan's would have something going on.

Granted it was on Princess but they had a green shamrock cake on display but that was it. They didn't even put Guinness & Jamison on special. I think they had Corona & woo woos or something stupid & not traditional at all. :rolleyes:

Its preaty big in the midwest.

DH was quite disappointed last time we were out on ST Pattys. They played a few "Irish" songs but were not traditional . We will also be on that cruise , maybe we can meet up and make a party!

Going to be on the Epic as well. From the midwest and its one of the biggest holidays here (granted we are at Notre Dame). We were thinking about doing a bar crawl or something along those lines.

You haven't traveled much if you think that. ;)

I've been disappointed everywhere that wasn't Boston or NY, although I have not tried Notre Dame. :D We're talking Miami, LA, Chattanooga, State College PA, Dallas, Washington DC / Georgetown, Atlanta & London. DH can add Seoul, the Philippines, San Diego, & Minneapolis to that list of places where it was just OK.

Looking at your screen name I do seem to remember that Chicago dyes your river & it's pretty good but I have never been there.

Regardless, if you want to have a St. Patrick's Day party on a ship bring your own supplies (minus booze) because better safe then sorry. Given how much liquor cruise ships buy & serve I was actually kind of surprised that they didn't get the same trinkets the various distributors give the bars on land.

Edited by trish1c

I've been disappointed everywhere that wasn't Boston or NY, although I have not tried Notre Dame. :D We're talking Miami, LA, Chattanooga, State College PA, Dallas, Washington DC / Georgetown, Atlanta & London. DH can add Seoul, the Philippines, San Diego, & Minneapolis to that list of places where it was just OK.

Looking at your screen name I do seem to remember that Chicago dyes your river & it's pretty good but I have never been there.

Regardless, if you want to have a St. Patrick's Day party on a ship bring your own supplies (minus booze) because better safe then sorry. Given how much liquor cruise ships buy & serve I was actually kind of surprised that they didn't get the same trinkets the various distributors give the bars on land.

You should try Savannah GA

But not nearly as big as Boston & NYC which is what I'm guessing the OP from Massachusetts is used to.

Maybe slightly but in the Detroit area it is a mad house for st pattys day I have been to boston to exp it and it is not much different. People show up at 7am and some of them are there till 2am every Irish or Irish theme bar is packed and they put up huge tents for the overflow of people.

I would of researched a little the places you mentioned are not ones I would go to look for a Irish holliday except NY and Boston. The cities like NY and Boston (and Chicago and metro Detroit surounding areas) have huge Irish poplulations and also religion has to do with it too.

Recently off the Epic for Valentine's Day - they had a lot of decorations up and some kind of prize for the Best Dressed Valentine Couple in Red (or something like that) and some Valentine-themed offers in the stores/restaurants but really nothing special or major. I'd expect St. Patrick's day to be the same.

We'll be bringing some green from home (Cork, Ireland). My son is busy making his homemade decorations. Was hoping there would be something on the ship especially when they have an Irish bar. we'll have to do our own parade :D

4 more sleeps before we fly ... can't wait.

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh

You haven't traveled much if you think that. ;)

Yeah, Chicago's St. Patrick's Day is a lot of fun.

We were on Jade on a Med cruise over St. Patrick's Day, six years ago. It was pretty low key because apart from some of the Americans on board, it was not a significant day for most of the cruisers. I hung out with the New York and Boston Irish and listened to them argue about Yankees and Red Sox. That was the entertainment.