RCI System glitch

Just received an email .pdf copy of my invoice from Royal on a cruise I had paid off in late December 0f 2014. It showed I had a balance owed of 860.00. Thought this was odd since I had paid an additional 750.00 on it to have OBC when I cruised. I checked the payment section on my cruises account ad it stated I had a balance owed of 1610.00

After a 1 hour call with RCI it was determined that there was a system wide glitch and my cabin for a March 15th sailing, had been repriced to an amount that was 1610.00 higher than I had originally paid.

If I had not read the email and called, my cabin was subject to resale for non-payment tomorrow morning.

Anybody else get an email invoice that they DID NOT request? Beware!

Just received an email .pdf copy of my invoice from Royal on a cruise I had paid off in late December 0f 2014. It showed I had a balance owed of 860.00. Thought this was odd since I had paid an additional 750.00 on it to have OBC when I cruised. I checked the payment section on my cruises account ad it stated I had a balance owed of 1610.00

After a 1 hour call with RCI it was determined that there was a system wide glitch and my cabin for a March 15th sailing, had been repriced to an amount that was 1610.00 higher than I had originally paid.

If I had not read the email and called, my cabin was subject to resale for non-payment tomorrow morning.

Anybody else get an email invoice that they DID NOT request? Beware!

In the past, this glitch was triggered by logging into your My Cruise account and doing something with the booking. Just wondering if this could have been your trigger, or are we looking at a new trigger?

Edited by clarea

In the past, this glitch was triggered by logging into your My Cruise account and doing something with the booking. Just wondering if this could have been your trigger, or are we looking at a new trigger?

I was in my account looking at a reservation I had put on hold for a friend while they decided. Once off of the conference call to release the cabin, I looked to see if it was still there. It was and still is today as well.

I did ask the agent to link it to my account for dinner purposes.

I made no changes to my reservation.

The same happened to me on a recent Oasis sailing. They said it is triggered by you clicking on "My Cruises" to login, click on your reservation, and then click the payments tab. This for some reason causes a glitch which adds money to your reservation total, even after being paid in full. They told me to access "my Cruise" through the "Cruise Planner" tab on the home page.

I was in my account looking at a reservation I had put on hold for a friend while they decided. Once off of the conference call to release the cabin, I looked to see if it was still there. It was and still is today as well.

I did ask the agent to link it to my account for dinner purposes.

I made no changes to my reservation.

Thanks for the update. From what I understand, the glitch can happen if you even look at a reservation.