one time laundry fee

WASUP

Does Celebrity have a one time "fill the laundry bag to capacity" for a one time laundry fee? I have been on other long cruises, where there was no self laundry facilities and they offered in the middle of the cruise, a one time offer for doing the laundry at a full bag rate of 20 dollars, instead of per item.

Thanks

Does Celebrity have a one time "fill the laundry bag to capacity" for a one time laundry fee? I have been on other long cruises, where there was no self laundry facilities and they offered in the middle of the cruise, a one time offer for doing the laundry at a full bag rate of 20 dollars, instead of per item.

Thanks

Hi Wasup !

I am 99.9 % sure they do not. I have never seen it offered.

They do a nice job, but on our recent 11 nighter on Galaxy in the E. Med. we spent $170 total on laundry (two separate loads of laundry) for 1 adult and two teenagers. This was for two day service, and if you want it quicker there is a surcharge (+50% I think). I still had a lot of laundry to do at home at the end of the trip.

Those laundry costs are quite steep. You had much better laundry plan on HAL. Spent less than $50 for unlimited laundy for the week.

I guess we'll just pack more for our 12 day cruise on GAlaxy. bummer....

One thing that's priced right is the dry cleaning. It's more than likely cheaper on the ship than at your local dry cleaners, and they do a very nice job. Laundry prices, however, look like those in any upper end hotel.

I think the laundry prices are very reasonable. I send my clothing out at home.......reached a point where I am not going to iron anything.......

Anyway, I would say the prices for dry cleaning, which is what I used, were about what I would pay at home.

It sure beats paying a surcharge for dragging overweight luggage on a plane.

I always look at it like this: if you can afford the trip.....you can afford the laundry and dry cleaning.

Anyway, I would say the prices for dry cleaning, which is what I used, were about what I would pay at home.

Any of the local dry cleaners would laugh us out of the shop if we asked to have an evening gown cleaned and pressed for $7.50! Where are you from?

Any of the local dry cleaners would laugh us out of the shop if we asked to have an evening gown cleaned and pressed for $7.50! Where are you from?

Here is a link to the prices for the laundry.

http://www.celebrity.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000QnCgyUejZQbWyuvCs5PDujB:1028etmk3?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

On all the Celebrity cruises we've been on (10) they have a special on the last day of the cruise where you get same day service at 50% off. Look on the daily paper on the last day of the cruise. Sometimes it's hard to find but it has always been offered.

On all the Celebrity cruises we've been on (10) they have a special on the last day of the cruise where you get same day service at 50% off. Look on the daily paper on the last day of the cruise. Sometimes it's hard to find but it has always been offered.
My recollection is not that you get 50% off, but rather, than you pay the regular (100%) price, but don't pay the 50% premium for same day service.

(50% off of same-day service would be 75% of the normal next day rate...)

We were on NCL and they offered mid way thru the 15 day cruise a special of all you could fit in nice sized laundry bag for 20 dollars! We were able to fit quite a bit. It really saved on packing. It is like the last land stop might have to find a laudromat..LOL

Yikes! I'm so used to the "all you can fit in the laundry bag" option that HAL gives. So there's nothing like that on Celebrity? We sailed on the Summit once before, but I don't remember the cost per item being so high.

Gee, there's a real deal. If it's the last day of the cruise, I'll just throw the clothes in the suitcase and take them home and wash them myself. Unless you're going to spend several days or more on a post-cruise vacation, it wouldn't make much sense to have clothes laundered on the last day.

Some of those laundry prices aren't too bad, though. We'll be on Summit in another week for 14 days, so if I have to send out a few things, I won't care. I really do miss the ships that have the laundries onboard. It's not even that I mind the cost...it's just that there are certain items (especially underwear) that I prefer to do myself. Tough life, this cruising!

Archived