Gigi was a no-show.

stargate fan

We booked a Jewish Heritage Tour with Gigi based on excellent recommendations. We communicated by email. Everything was set.

On the day our ship arrived in Curacao last week, we went to the meeting spot and waited...and waited...and waited. We even figured in the time difference between the port and the ship. But she never showed up for our tour. We have not had any communication from her, either after we were supposed to meet nor upon our return. I'll email her tomorrow.

Has anyone else heard from her?

Just another proof to never pre-pay for your private tour on line. I hope you didn't pay her in advance.

We never prepay for excursions.

Some companies do ask for a deposit through Pay Pal, though. We're covered by Pay Pal and our credit card in those instances.

That is surprising. Gigi was waiting for our group right where she said she would be, wearing her signature purple shirt and baseball cap. Disappointed to hear she was a no show, as we have highly recommended this tour. Please keep us updated on any responses you get from her.

As to the poster who made the statement about not prepaying, I believe I stayed in my review of this tour that payment is made at the end of the tour

Any updates on why Gigi was a no show?

When I emailed her when we got home, she replied that her dad had been rushed to the hospital in Aruba and she had to fly over. She had asked two of her colleagues to meet us at the port to let us know but neither of them did.

I do not know her dad's condition.