Stupid question...

buckeye12

Stupid question...I purchased my airfare in April for New Orleans and now with the change to Galveston I've got to change it. Does anyone know how I can do this? I got it from Expedia, do I call them or do I call US Airways? I know this is really way out but what if...and I mean what if they change it back to New Orleans before our cruise in February.....Should I take care of it now or should I wait....

You'll have better luck with Expedia. They have a Hurricane update announcement about waiving charges for airfare/hotels &/or getting the agencies to waive fees. As for the airlines, I just paid an extra $350 in change penalties to Delta for 7 tickets to change our Dec. flights from New Orleans to Houston also because of Hurricane Katrina & the Conquest cruise now out of Galveston. They would not waive our penalties. My son is holding 5 United tickets because they want $100 each to make the change from NO to Houston. So he bought other tickets from another airline & is hoping that they will extend their Oct. 31st cutoff through Dec.. A daughter was able to get United to waive $300 in cancellation fees for the same time period & received one years future credit. Good luck! Here's the link to the Expedia announcement:

http://www.expedia.com/daily/edit/alerts/August2005/August01-HurricaneUpdate.asp

Buckeye, On the Expedia Link from the last post, just select the "Travel Alert" box in the upper corner of the page. Also, I meant to tell you there are No stupid questions. Wish you would start another thread with a title such as the one above because there will be many needing your same information & they mt not all be curious as I was;) .

You'll have better luck with Expedia. They have a Hurricane update announcement about waiving charges for airfare/hotels &/or getting the agencies to waive fees. As for the airlines, I just paid an extra $350 in change penalties to Delta for 7 tickets to change our Dec. flights from New Orleans to Houston also because of Hurricane Katrina & the Conquest cruise now out of Galveston. They would not waive our penalties. My son is holding 5 United tickets because they want $100 each to make the change from NO to Houston. So he bought other tickets from another airline & is hoping that they will extend their Oct. 31st cutoff through Dec.. A daughter was able to get United to waive $300 in cancellation fees for the same time period & received one years future credit. Good luck! Here's the link to the Expedia announcement:

http://www.expedia.com/daily/edit/alerts/August2005/August01-HurricaneUpdate.asp

That is awful that they won't waive the penalties.

Archived