Question about Price Drops

I know price drops are not likely before final payment, but I do check every day just in case. We have booked a Promenade cabin; however, there are few of them for 4 people so when I check now, there are none left.

So I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but thought I'd double check on here. Is there a way that I can still check for price drops on my cabin? There are Promenade rooms left for 2, but of course if I enter only 2 people, the overall price is less. Can I use the price shown for each guest in theh 'summary of charges' to compare, or would RCL not consider any drops since the PR rooms for 4 are sold?

I'm guessing the only option we have is to upgrade to another cabin for the current price (which may be a price drop compared to today)....but only one I'd consider would be Boardwalk Balcony which is a big jump up price wise.

It's worth a try, because a PR is a PR, even if one holds two and the other holds 4.

However, what you cannot see is if the price for the other two people has changed. In other words, Royal may quote you a lower price for the first two people, but much higher prices for the third and forth guests. I don't believe they will allow you to reprice only some of the guests.

It's worth a try, because a PR is a PR, even if one holds two and the other holds 4.

However, what you cannot see is if the price for the other two people has changed. In other words, Royal may quote you a lower price for the first two people, but much higher prices for the third and forth guests. I don't believe they will allow you to reprice only some of the guests.

Thanks Bob. Currently Guest1 and Guest2 are $100 more each anyways of what we paid...but just in case it ever shows lower. (Maybe it just makes me feel better to check 'just in case' ;) ). I see what you mean though as Guest3 and Guest4 may not relatively change. But as you say, no harm in trying and giving them a call if I ever do see Guest1 and 2 dropping. Thanks.

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks Bob. Currently Guest1 and Guest2 are $100 more each anyways of what we paid...but just in case it ever shows lower. (Maybe it just makes me feel better to check 'just in case' ;) ). I see what you mean though as Guest3 and Guest4 may not relatively change. But as you say, no harm in trying and giving them a call if I ever do see Guest1 and 2 dropping. Thanks.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.:)

• 2 weeks later...

how does RCC handle price drops? Final payment is next week, price has dropped about $200 per room (we have 7 rooms booked).

Will they take it off final payment or make us rebook @ new rate?

(if so will we lose OBC from first booking?

Waiting for TA to call back.

Thanks for any info.:)

how does RCC handle price drops? Final payment is next week, price has dropped about $200 per room (we have 7 rooms booked).

Will they take it off final payment or make us rebook @ new rate?

(if so will we lose OBC from first booking?

Waiting for TA to call back.

Thanks for any info.:)

You are eligible for the price drop, without rebooking, as long as the new price is not restricted to new bookings. However, if the new price deal does not include the OBC you have on your current price, you will lose the OBC.

Edited by clarea

Thanks.

I got the new price by doing a mock booking. It has no OBC, but is double the OBC we have now.

Will they take it off payment or do we have to take it as OBC?

Still waiting on TA to call back! :rolleyes: To have him call RCC.

Got your answer quicker! ;) Thanks!

Cheryl

Thanks.

I got the new price by doing a mock booking. It has no OBC, but is double the OBC we have now.

Will they take it off payment or do we have to take it as OBC?

Still waiting on TA to call back! :rolleyes: To have him call RCC.

Got your answer quicker! ;) Thanks!

Cheryl

If the new price is applicable to your booking, they should reduce your final payment amount.