UDP 2 restaurants 1 day

gizfish

I am sure this is answered somewhere here, but I cannot figure out how to word the search, lol. With the UDP, is it possible to eat in more than one restaurant in a day? Can you use the plan to eat lunch in specialty restaurants that are open and/or can you eat two dinners?

Can't do lunch, but you can eat multiple times in the evening.

I've heard of people eating the appetizer and main course in Cagney's, getting dessert at La Cucina, and ending with coffee in Le Bistro - I haven't tried that tho, one a night is WELL enough food!

On our last cruise we had caesar salad and pizza in La Cucina, then left for the theater for the 7pm show. When that was over we strolled up to Cagneys for steak and fries about ~9pm. (We did that in reverse a few days later, if i remember correctly.)

So yes, visiting a specialty restaurant more than once per day is allowed.

Also, I don't think any specialty restaurants are open for lunch, with the exception of Cagneys for the suite guests.

I saw that teppanyaki was open for lunch on sea days on the Dawn. So could you not eat there for lunch and another for dinner?
Yes, you can do that. Or do Teppanyaki twice in one day (that will certainly keep the vampires away…)

The number of restaurants you go to in a single evening is limited only by your own appetite and greed. And your willingness to mess up the organization of the restaurant staff, because they are not really set up for people to eat one course and move on. But if the place isn't too busy, go for it.

Yes, you can do it. We had Teppanyaki at 5 one night, then went to La Cucina for a pizza very late, since it's better than the ship's delivery.

Also, Teppanyaki is sometimes open for lunch on sea days with regular menu, for regular prices. If you see this on your Freestyle Daily, you can use the UDP there for lunch.

can do; whould not do unless I wanted to gain a lot more weight than I usually gain on a cruise which is too much. Our granddaughter just got back from the Jewel, this past weekend. She had an appointment with her OB yesterday: He wasn't happy with her weight nor was she. That should tell all of us something about being a little careful with all those temptations.

We did Teppanyaki twice for lunch on our recent Epic cruise and then did a different Specialty for dinner. Each time you just sign the receipt for $0. You can also eat at more than one each evening but the system won't allow you to book reservations within 2 hours of one another. So I guess you could do like 5:30/7:30/9:30 or just walk up if you were trying to do say just a dessert.

Yes, I meant to mention that, too: Please don't make a reservation if you just want to have a quick snack or just one course and leave after 20 minutes. Their reservation system is set up for people who want to have a full meal, and you will tie up a table for 2 hours and prevent other people from reserving it.

Yes, I meant to mention that, too: Please don't make a reservation if you just want to have a quick snack or just one course and leave after 20 minutes. Their reservation system is set up for people who want to have a full meal, and you will tie up a table for 2 hours and prevent other people from reserving it.

That's good to know, thank you.

What are the specialty restaurants we can easily get in to easily without reservations? Thanks.

This is terrible advice. If you want to make sure you can eat at a specialty, even just 1 course make a reservation. It is completely untrue that your reservation will "tie up a table for two hours."

6&8

Sure, after you leave, the table becomes free for walk-ins.

Listen, you paid for this cruise and you have this unlimited package, so go for it.

So what was the point of your statements? Obviously the table becomes free after I leave. That is not what you said at all in your first comment. You then followed it up telling people they could just walk in and to not make reservations which is also not true in most cases. You then seemed to get an attitude when people corrected your false statements.

Bottom line if you want to eat at more then one specialty make a reservation. It is no additional trouble for the staff, and does not in anyway effect other guests.

6&8

So what was the point of your statements? Obviously the table becomes free after I leave. That is not what you said at all in your first comment. You then followed it up telling people they could just walk in and to not make reservations which is also not true in most cases. You then seemed to get an attitude when people corrected your false statements.

Bottom line if you want to eat at more then one specialty make a reservation. It is no additional trouble for the staff, and does not in anyway effect other guests.

6&8

Like.

It is more trouble for the staff overall if you eat in two or three restaurants instead of just one. And if you make a reservation for 7pm, your table will not be available for another guest to reserve for 8pm, because they expect you to still be sitting there eating.

So don't say that it is no additional work for the staff and that it doesn't affect other guests. Just be honest and say you don't care.

It is more trouble for the staff overall if you eat in two or three restaurants instead of just one. And if you make a reservation for 7pm, your table will not be available for another guest to reserve for 8pm, because they expect you to still be sitting there eating.

So don't say that it is no additional work for the staff and that it doesn't affect other guests. Just be honest and say you don't care.

This is ridiculous. The table will not sit vacant for an hour. Walk ins will fill it and the wait staff will have an opportunity to get another tip. Turnover is key in a restaurant. And while I'm not who you are taking to....I don't care. If I want apps in one restuarant, main course in the next and dessert in the third restaurant, that is exactly what I'm going to do, and I will tip accordingly along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is ridiculous. The table will not sit vacant for an hour. Walk ins will fill it and the wait staff will have an opportunity to get another tip.
If you reserve the table for 7pm, they will let the next party reserve it for 9pm. If you leave after one course, the table may have to sit vacant until 9pm, if the restaurant is too busy for them to juggle things around.

But, ultimately, it's their problem, isn't it?

I don't care.
I know.

Yes, you can do that. Or do Teppanyaki twice in one day (that will certainly keep the vampires away…)

The number of restaurants you go to in a single evening is limited only by your own appetite and greed. And your willingness to mess up the organization of the restaurant staff, because they are not really set up for people to eat one course and move on. But if the place isn't too busy, go for it.

My family has always waited at least an hour or two after dinner to have dessert and coffee. So, I would love to be able to do that if the restaurant could accomodate us. And I would be a gracious and thankful patron.