Cayman Food Tours

cupcake8503

I just booked the Cayman Food Tours for me and hubby. Has anyone been on this tour before? I am kind of excited to do something a little different. It's our last port day and we decided to have a change of pace since we will be doing the dolphin swim, mayan ruins, zipline and beach during the other port days.

If you have been, what are your thoughts?

I just booked the Cayman Food Tours for me and hubby. Has anyone been on this tour before? I am kind of excited to do something a little different. If you have been, what are your thoughts?

Hubby and I did this tour in January. We enjoyed the tour and seeing some of the Ceorge Town sights as we learned about some of their history.

It is an easy pace for walking and pretty much all on level ground. We went to five places for food samples and visited several other sites along the way. It was hot the day we were there. I would recommend that you have a bottle of water with you. Our guide did her best to keep us in the shade but of course that was not always possible.

Our first stop was at Guy Harvey's for a fish, plaintain and rice and beans.

At the National Museum we sampled a special tea and pepper jelly. (Way to hot for my taste.

We stopped at Singh's Roti Shop for a small portion of Roti - with optional hot and very extra hot sauce. Local beer sample was included here.

Next foor stop was Tortuga Rum Company for samples of rum (an punch if you wanted) and rum cake.

Our last stop was at Casanova by the Sea for Italian - Creamy Tomato Basil sauce over pasta and chicken, some bread and some of the best Tiramisu I've ever had.

Our meeting place was a short walk from the tender pier and easy to find.

Hubby and I did this tour in January. We enjoyed the tour and seeing some of the Ceorge Town sights as we learned about some of their history.

It is an easy pace for walking and pretty much all on level ground. We went to five places for food samples and visited several other sites along the way. It was hot the day we were there. I would recommend that you have a bottle of water with you. Our guide did her best to keep us in the shade but of course that was not always possible.

Our first stop was at Guy Harvey's for a fish, plaintain and rice and beans.

At the National Museum we sampled a special tea and pepper jelly. (Way to hot for my taste.

We stopped at Singh's Roti Shop for a small portion of Roti - with optional hot and very extra hot sauce. Local beer sample was included here.

Next foor stop was Tortuga Rum Company for samples of rum (an punch if you wanted) and rum cake.

Our last stop was at Casanova by the Sea for Italian - Creamy Tomato Basil sauce over pasta and chicken, some bread and some of the best Tiramisu I've ever had.

Our meeting place was a short walk from the tender pier and easy to find.

Thank you! Sounds awesome!

I am interested in this tour as well! Thank you for your input. Was booking easy?

Booking was very easy through their website. Be sure to look at the home page. This fall they were running a special. It was $6 off the usual price. When I saw that I quickly booked. It later disappeared.

There were three couples from our ship - I mentioned it on our roll call but there is no need for one person to book for everyone. There were others from the other ship in port the day we were there.

Be sure to bring a copy of your reservation confirmation either printed or on your phone.

One of the most facinating things she showed us was a step well they found when building a shopping center. It is still working. Water is somehow filtered from the bay and is fresh. It was "dug" during the Colonial period. It is in a store. You see it through a "glass" floor that is over it.

Also visited their main post office - not the usual USA box building. Not sure I have the correct name - but were in the "Freedom Square/Park" where the national monuments are along with a wall of art work with the Cayman Island history.