important ? from my hubby re.pacific sun

kaseyoz

well i guess it would be important for a lot of men, Doesnt really rate with me.

Anyway Hubby has just realised that the ARL grand final will be played while we are away and he is asking what the chances are of it being broadcast on the ship. We will be anchored ar Noumea that day (sunday) We have been to noumea twice before so are not that bothered about missing the trip ashore.

I am not so sure that tv recpetion will be great on the ship.

thanks for any advice.

Ps hubby wont cancel if it isnt being shown, he will wait until we return to watch the replay!!!LOL:) :)

cheers karon

Alot of times they broadcast a popular sporting event in one of the sports lounges or bars. Especially if it is of particular intrest to a region of the world. I don't know about that particular event and where you are docked if they have reception. You can always ask the bartender tending the tv and ask him to look for it. It can be great fun watching such an event while on a cruise ship with your mates.:D Enjoy.

Karon,

it may not be shown but there should be a delayed broadcast, provided that they can pull it down off the satellite.... On our cruise in June they were showing both NRL and AFL games on the two weekends.

So your hubby can breathe easy, he should get his footy fix in the Legends Bar.

Kym

looks like hubby is in for a treat then. He goes for st. george and daughter goes for eels,.......I am just going for the sun and relaxation...LOL

Now that is one thing less for him to worry about.thanks for the quick responses

karon

Hi Karon,

We travelled on the Sky last year when the finals were on. They keep you well informed via the PA and daily newsletter and where possible show the games on all the TV's (including the ones in the cabins) either live or delayed. Where the game was not able to be seen, the assistant cruise director racked up heaps of cost on the ships phone with his Mum holding the phone up to the TV so he could hear the score and gave us regular updates over the PA. He was a mad Roosters fan! I support the Cowboys. We even got score updates during dinner for the Cowboys game which unfortunately we lost. BTW I'm off on the Sun this Saturday for a week and really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the cruise and your hubby enjoys the footy!

Cheers,

Chaz

And of course, that deputy cruise director would have to be Demo!!! I hope Demo will be on Star next year when we sail, maybe he'll even be promoted to Cruise Director.... Although he and Shona make a good team - and it would be good to see both of them on Star.

Kym

Hi Karon,

We travelled on the Sky last year when the finals were on. They keep you well informed via the PA and daily newsletter and where possible show the games on all the TV's (including the ones in the cabins) either live or delayed. Where the game was not able to be seen, the assistant cruise director racked up heaps of cost on the ships phone with his Mum holding the phone up to the TV so he could hear the score and gave us regular updates over the PA. He was a mad Roosters fan! I support the Cowboys. We even got score updates during dinner for the Cowboys game which unfortunately we lost. BTW I'm off on the Sun this Saturday for a week and really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the cruise and your hubby enjoys the footy!

Cheers,

Chaz

And of course, that deputy cruise director would have to be Demo!!! I hope Demo will be on Star next year when we sail, maybe he'll even be promoted to Cruise Director.... Although he and Shona make a good team - and it would be good to see both of them on Star.

Kym

That's right Kym.... It was Demo. I agree it would be good to see both Demo & Shona on the Star. I think Demo relocated to the Gold Coast so it is likely he will transfer to the Star. We are going on the Star in January, a replacement cruise for the one cancelled for Easter.

Demo was on Pacific Sun when we went on it in June. Someone else we know recently went on Sun, and they said that Demo was going on holidays soon, but he didn't know where he'd been when he came back.

He's certainly a lot of fun - he even did his own stand up show on our cruise on Sun.

Archived