Two 14 (almost 15) year olds and the O2 Club

roberooski

My son was able to go to club O2 when he was 14, however, he had a friend with him that was 15. He went on the first day and asked the counselor and they let him join. I will say from knowing many 15-17 year old boys that there is no way I would let my 14 year old daughter join that group!

Like most of Carnival rules, it depends. In this case it will depend on how many youth are registered. I could understand bending the rules if the two BFF were 14 and 15. They would want to be together but this is not the case with the two you are asking about.

There have been lots of discussions here about the age groups and how strictly they are enforced. The bottom line is that it's up to the Club O2 director. Factors in allowing almost-15s in include (a) whether they are in high school and (b) how many kids in that age bracket are on the cruise. The fewer kids, the more likely the director may allow kids to move up. If the girls have high school ID cards, bring them. It may help.

My daughter was 14 on our first cruise and was allowed in O2. We explained that she hung out with older kids all the time in high school. We don't have middle school here.....she is with freshman through seniors in the clubs at school,, on her basketball team, etc. She would not enjoy the Circle C activities. For example, one of their activities planned was hide & seek. She hasn't played that in years !

On my last cruise, that age bracket 15-17 was hopping with them free-ranging all over the ship, loads hanging in the club and then splinter groups heading out for extra activities-whirlpools especially.

Do you want your Almost 15 meeting up with past 17? Another recent poster wanted their just past 17, i.e., 18 yr old son to hang with the 15-17..

OP, pay no attention to the naysayers.

But, as some have pointed out, it does depend.

My daughters (3 of them) have been in their age bracket and have been able to bump up. It really depends on their choice. My wife goes to the respective club and signs them up for whatever club they want to participate in.

It's never been an issue when she goes. Carnival wants you and your children to have a good time. Generally speaking, forcing your child into a particular club you don't support is not high on Carnival's list of priorities.

Edited by fuddrules

When our twin boys cruised the first time and went to the club they really enjoyed it. The second time, as it turned out they were the youngest ones in their age group (I'm thinking it must have been the 15-17 age group).

They went the first night, and never went back. They were very uncomfortable with all of the "hooking up" going on between the kids. They had a group swimming activity and we met the boys there at the end of the evening. Most of the teens were in the hot tubs, with the girls all sitting on the boys laps. My boys climbed out of the pool, said "let's go", and never returned. We had a great time with them the rest of the cruise.

You would have to ask the director. They let a 13 year old girl in on Glory with her 15 year old brother, and this was Thanksgiving Week. Heard about it from a mom in the hottub. She was mad because they didn't let her 14 year old freshman with a later birthday into O2 on the last cruise they were on. It solely depends on the program leader.

Hope all goes well! :D

Edited by cruisexlife