jade

Can anyone tell me can you catch a cab from ship docking area , or do you have to get people mover to the square and catch one from there? We get in at 8 and need to be at airport no later than 11am. Only one other ship docking at 8 as far as I can see

Can anyone tell me can you catch a cab from ship docking area , or do you have to get people mover to the square and catch one from there? We get in at 8 and need to be at airport no later than 11am. Only one other ship docking at 8 as far as I can see

Welcome to cruise critic.

You will notice that most posts have the question or at least part of it in the title. That helps alot.

And, it also helps to share what port you are asking about.

Sorry jade from Venice, arriving 23rd May. Not to worried about crowds as only jade and smaller rci ship in at 8am, need to be at Marco polo airport by 11am for flight home.

Is that that you need to ARRIVE at the airport by 11:00am or your FLIGHT leaves at 11:00 am?

When we left the Jade, we got the people mover to Piazzalle Roma and then the bus to the airport. The bus took around 30 minutes, if my memory serves me correctly.

I don't want to sound negative, but I would be a little worried if my flight was leaving at 11:00am.......but I'm a bit of a worrier anyway.....I'd need plenty of *wriggle room* in case something went wrong! That's just me!

I would book a car service to pick up from the terminal, the price is quite close to a regular taxi and you don't need to worry about lines for taxi or people mover (that is a good 1/2 miles away from the terminal).

We used one even for transportation to/from Piazzale Roma to the cruise terminal with our group of six and the price per person was very reasonable compared to a regular taxi.

I would book a car service to pick up from the terminal, the price is quite close to a regular taxi and you don't need to worry about lines for taxi or people mover (that is a good 1/2 miles away from the terminal).

We used one even for transportation to/from Piazzale Roma to the cruise terminal with our group of six and the price per person was very reasonable compared to a regular taxi.

Just out of curiosity do you have any car service names you could recommend?

Rochelle

Grab a taxi from outside the ship for the airport - easy peasy.

We grabbed one to take us to Venezia Mestre rail station last Oct.

R U sure u can check in 40 mins before the flight??? far too close.

But if you can leave ship early you'll be okay getting to airport in good time.

I would have to agree. Things can be very slow at Marco Polo airport.

Rochelle

Are there taxi available where you get off the ship? Was on the Jade from Venice 2 years ago and can't remember them being there? Is there always plenty available or should we book a car and can anyone recommend a company.

Just out of curiosity do you have any car service names you could recommend?

We used Veniceshuttle, http://www.veniceshuttle.it/lang1/index.html

We paid exactly the same for the shuttle that we'd have paid for two taxis (3pax each) to/from Piazzale Roma (6pax, roundtrip total price 80e).

Are there taxi available where you get off the ship? Was on the Jade from Venice 2 years ago and can't remember them being there? Is there always plenty available or should we book a car and can anyone recommend a company.

The other time we've been in Venice, there weren't too many taxis available at the terminal - there was a long line of people and only random taxis arriving. Last time with the shuttle I didn't even check, we just walked directly to the waiting minibus.

Edited by Demonyte