Banarama's

bkellyb

We will be cruising in a couple of weeks and one of the ports is Roatan. We have never been here but didn't really see anything from the ship that we wanted to do, just wanted to hang out at the beach. Has anyone booked an excursion here or with an outside company in Roatan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

We've done this in the past. Not sure what the current price is but for $30 pp when we went it was a good deal from Mahogany Bay. Round trip transportation, lockers, outdoor showers, beach bar-welcoming drink. You can walk to anywhere you want on the beach, snorkel off the beach or hire a small boat and snorkel further off shore. We didn't eat there, because Celeste's is right across from the drive to BR and bite on the Beach is just a short walk away. Btu we worked with the driver on the time to bring us back and just showed up at the gate house and headed back to the ship.

It's certainly one or several ways to get to West Bay. Price may be comparable or a tad high versus taxis for Coxen Hole docking. But you're at least assured of the ride back. Taxis don't cruise these resorts and most of the resorts sit a short ways off the main road.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Roatan 3/4/2015 & went to Bananarama (west bay). We purchased lunch from a guy cooking chicken on the grill. We had grilled chicken breast, rice with beans, & cole slaw $7.00 a piece....very good :). I'm guessing the cook is affiliated with the restaurant there as our waiter took our food order (Thirsty Turtle). Mixed drinks were very reasonably price also.

We went to Bananarama a few years ago with Victor Bodden and loved it. We decided to go back again last fall. Big mistake. The vendors were horrible. You couldnt even enjoy the beach. usually vendors dont bother me but they would grab your feet when you were laying down and would not take a polite but firm "no" for an answer! I have heard that Bananarama has new owners who dont discourage the vendors like the old owners. Such a shame because that beach and water are so beautiful. I would never go back if you paid me.