Alaska Cruise Wedding

Looking at Summer 2016 for a small (3 rooms max) cruise to Alaska. I've been to Alaska once and fell in love with it.

Wanting feedback on anyone who was married on a cruise to Alaska. What was your experience. We're not picky. Just want a vacation/wedding to remember.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi cruisetmc, my daughter got married on the Star Princess in July 2009 on an Alaskan cruise. She got married in the chapel on the first at sea day by the captain, and we had 24 family members from both sides sailing with us. She had her reception in Sabatini's. It was delicious!

If you have any questions, I will try to answer them for you. :)

Edited by SLWW

My Fiance and I are planning on an Alaska Cruise wedding. Right now we're booked on the Coral Princess, Southbound from anchorage to vancouver. We're getting married at the shrine of st. therese while in port at juneau, but haven't contacted the cruise wedding people yet about possible receptions and things like that. I'm happy to share the research I've done thus far :-)

Edited by amandaallen720`

Hi cruisetmc, we departed from Seattle. I think we embarked around 11:30 or so, and the ship left port at 4:00 pm.

If you are interested in a wedding on board a Princess ship, I have attached a link to their wedding planning brochure. It is: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/celebrations/wedding/WeddingPlanner-0814.pdf

I'm sure things have changed in the last 6 years, but my daughter had a wedding consultant to help with the planning, and on her wedding day, she was assigned a wedding coordinator and someone from the purser's office to help with the guests.

She had a candlelit ceremony in the chapel, performed by the captain, and at that time, there was a pianist performing the music selections.

Her bouquet was beautiful; she had 18 pink and cream roses, with baby's breath and greenery, and pink ribbons. The mothers had pink rose corsages, and the men had white rose boutonnieres.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to upload pictures to Cruise Critic. If someone could send me instructions, I will try and upload some.

• 2 months later...

My husband and I got married aboard the Grand Princess on a cruise to Alaska in September 2014. It was a wedding at sea in the ship's chapel with the captain presiding, 12 of our friends/family witnessed. We had our cocktail reception in the One5 lounge and wedding night dinner at Crown Grill.

Since our wedding was at sea, I can't speak to what an embarkation wedding would be like, but I can review my embarkation and pre-wedding experience. The Grand Princess sailed out of Seattle. We got to the port around 11:30am and there were a lot of people there already. Long line to check in and many people already sitting around waiting to board. We finally were able to board around 12:30, but that was after all the elite/first priorities boarded first. If you had an embarkation day wedding, I assume you too will be one of the first to board. Muster drill and sailaway were on schedule.

Being that our wedding cruise was on Princess, our wedding coordinator was from Royal Ocean Events. They were great to work with. They responded to any emails or questions I had fairly quickly. Any requests or preferences that I had, they were able to accomodate. (Eg: preferred locations of the ceremony & reception, color of the ribbon on my bouquet, extra tables for wedding favors, guest books). Once onboard, I met with the Guest Services manager for Princess, and we went over everything I had requested through Royal Ocean Events. At this time, I also met with the photographer to go over the schedule and any additional things I wanted. I have to say that the Princess staff was amazing. They were able to provide everything I needed and went above and beyond to make the day amazing.

Let me know if I can help with any questions you have. I'll try to respond as soon as I can. Admittedly, I don't peruse these boards as often as I did when I was wedding planning. :o