pineapple beach help

GailP

We are going for a day to pineapple beach from our cruise on AOS. We were wondering if anyone could give us a few pointers. What time should we get there, would 9am be too early. Where would you recommend we eat there and did you eat anything really good. What were your favorite drinks from the bar?

Thanks for any advice. Gail

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think 9 am is too early to get there. We actually left the ship early and had breakfast at Pineapple. The food was decent but nothing to write home about.

They have a long list of local concoctions on the wall next to the bar, and I think between all of us, we must have tried them all! That was alot of fun, passing around all of the drinks, especially since you weren't losing any money paying for something you didn't like. I can't remember any drinks specifically but I can tell you they do make them strong!

We didn't eat any meals there besides breakfast. The kids did enjoy the pizza/burger type place next to the pool though.

Have a great time. We really enjoyed our day there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there with KJ. Actually we have been a couple of times and she went because of our recommendation (if I am remembering right Jackie!...LOL).... Yes, it is the Allegro / Occidental Grand (whatever it is going by these days). Don't know current rates. Go to their website and check it out. One year we paid $35 per person and the next year $45 per person (same week of the year) but I think prices may vary depending on season. Type of passes (1/2 day, full day, etc.) also varies from time to time so check it out. It is a lot of fun.

Archived