Cabin D414 Azura

Londongirl8

Our very first cruise, we have booked Cabin D414 on the Azura going to the fjords. We wanted a cabin fairly close to lifts as my mobility is not great. We thought we had chosen one which was a few down the corridor from the lifts to avoid noise, but it seems looking at our personaliser online it is closer to the lifts than we thought. There is also a set of double doors immediately opposite the cabin which appear to lead to the lifts. I am now concerned its going to be noisy as I am a light sleeper. Has anyone been in this cabin who can help me with some information.

Hi there - I haven't actually been in D 414 but I don't think you will find noise a problem, certAinly not at night. The occasional ding perhaps??. We were a little further up the corridor and it was a generally very quiet deck. Also I am not sure what the double doors are as I don't remember them being there from last year - maybe someone else can help with that?

But the cabins on D deck are lovely! Loads of space. You will have a great time - when & where are you going?

Our very first cruise, we have booked Cabin D414 on the Azura going to the fjords. We wanted a cabin fairly close to lifts as my mobility is not great. We thought we had chosen one which was a few down the corridor from the lifts to avoid noise, but it seems looking at our personaliser online it is closer to the lifts than we thought. There is also a set of double doors immediately opposite the cabin which appear to lead to the lifts. I am now concerned its going to be noisy as I am a light sleeper. Has anyone been in this cabin who can help me with some information.

The double doors aren't doors ....just an opening taking you out to the lifts and stairs......the lifts aren't right opposite the cabin....you walk through the "double doors" and you are then in a square where the lifts are.....I'm sure you won't hear any noise at all....we've been in the same position on Ventura....I'm a light sleeper too and there was no noise......great position to be in .....you'll have a great time :-)

Edited by netchells

Thanks mysticalmother and netchells. I thought it was doors on the deck plan in the personaliser as it does show an opening to go to the stairs and then this other opening just slightly past the opening to the stairs with shaping on the plan to go to the lifts they use the same symbol two or three times along the corridor as well so I thought it must be doors. But from what you both say there is no doors and it was nice and quiet so that's great. Sounds like the cabins are lovely we are looking forward to it. We are going to the fjords on 25/7.

• 9 years later...