Unzip and show it

Read a few days back a review of a Jan sailing. Said that he was asked at security in Balt to show them his 1 bottle of wine. I know the policy is 2 bottles for each room, not 1 pp. Not long ago someone said that they brought on 2 bottles in his carryon, his wife brought 2 also, and they put 2 in their checked luggage. How do they know that you and your travel companion are even together since they do not ask you for travel docs and you don't have them anyway?, especially if she goes through and you go through 10 mins. later. I can see them maybe yanking the checked and have you come down and retrieve it. Once you get there, how they know if you had any in your carryon or not? Also at security, how do they know that the 2 you are carrying on are not for the whole cabin?

Read a few days back a review of a Jan sailing. Said that he was asked at security in Balt to show them his 1 bottle of wine. I know the policy is 2 bottles for each room, not 1 pp. Not long ago someone said that they brought on 2 bottles in his carryon, his wife brought 2 also, and they put 2 in their checked luggage. How do they know that you and your travel companion are even together since they do not ask you for travel docs and you don't have them anyway?, especially if she goes through and you go through 10 mins. later. I can see them maybe yanking the checked and have you come down and retrieve it. Once you get there, how they know if you had any in your carryon or not? Also at security, how do they know that the 2 you are carrying on are not for the whole cabin?

It is a secret and if we told you it would spoil all the fun

It honestly depends on the ship, departure port, even the people working security that day and how they want to act/enforce the rules. DW and I have been out of Balt twice and Bayonne once and each time something different happened with our wine. First trip out of Balt I read the rules wrong and thought it was 2 bottles per person, we got through security just fine. Bayonne they didn't even ask to check it. Last time in baltimore I packed it, because I did not want to carry it. I was sent to the "naughty" room but when I got there there was no one there so I grabbed my bag and left [emoji57]

I find Baltimore the most careful terminal for checking for alcohol. We don't try to bring anything extra, so it is no problem (and I really like departing from Baltimore).

Here is what we experienced every time there on both RCI and Carnival cruises:

- The luggage loaders at drop off will remind you that no wine or soda should be in checked luggage.

- Security will check each wine bottle carefully, especially the seal.

- Security checks the seals and shakes water bottles.

- Security routinely opens twelve packs of soda (though sealed) and will go deep into the packaging to look for beer cans.

It would seem possible to bring in two wine bottles each if two people sharing a cabin pass through somewhat separately. We have never desired to try.