Norwegian Epic Embarkation

MonroeDuck11

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. Thank you all for the information provided in all the threads, it has helped me prepare for my first Norwegian cruise far better than I could have without the forum.

I am cruising on the Epic on March 22nd from Miami. My eDocs say that my embarkation time is at 12 pm. Is this the same time that everyone can embark (besides the Haven guests)? I would like to get onboard as early as possible, so I was wondering if anybody has tried showing up much earlier than the suggested time or if I can somehow get my time changed? Thanks!

Hello all, this is my first post on the forum. Thank you all for the information provided in all the threads, it has helped me prepare for my first Norwegian cruise far better than I could have without the forum.

I am cruising on the Epic on March 22nd from Miami. My eDocs say that my embarkation time is at 12 pm. Is this the same time that everyone can embark (besides the Haven guests)? I would like to get onboard as early as possible, so I was wondering if anybody has tried showing up much earlier than the suggested time or if I can somehow get my time changed? Thanks!

12 Noon is actually an approximate time. Much depends on disembarkation from the cruise before yours...and this can vary from week to week.

You can show up earlier if you choose, but you run the risk of having to stand outside while waiting for them to open the building for embarkation. I wouldn't recommend showing up any earlier than 11am.

We just cruised the Epic on February 22. We ended up at the port around 10:20. They started boarding at 11:30. There were a lot of people there when we got there. We were also very eager to get on the ship!

Both times we sailed the Epic, we arrived at the port between 10 and 10:30. Both times we boarded about 11:30. We were in regular balcony staterooms. We always get to the port early and out of 25 cruises have only had delays in boarding twice.

We took the first Airport transfer which left the airport at around 10:30 and arrived at the port at 11:00. At 11:15 we were checked in and had to wait 30 minutes to board (we were in boarding group 16). We were on the ship at around 11:45.