Would Grand Suite be comfortable for 4?

3redheads

We were in a GS last Jan. on the Radiance with our DD 18 months and our DS 4 years and it was just fine. The couch pulls out - the bed seems to rest on the floor, but not too terribly uncomfortable. The main bed is across from the couch with a heavy drape that you can pull shut for privacy. The bathroom had a double sink vanity, so plenty of room for two to get ready. The main question is can your son and daughter share a bed - I don't know what it is like with a 13 and 8 year old yet. The room was amazing and definitely big enough for four.

We just booked a GS for our family of four next summer on the Serenade. Could you please tell me where the TV is located -- in the bedroom or the living room? I'm afraid that if it's in the living room (by the sofa bed), we won't be able to watch it from the bedroom without disturbing the kids while they sleep. (Since they're young, we put them to bed around 9:00 p.m. and stay in for the rest of the night.) Thanks for any information you can provide!

Beth - I don't know about the Serenade but on the Mariner the tv was located between the living area and the bedroom area. It swiveled so you could turn it to watch from either area so you shouldn't have any problems with your plan. The door to the balcony is in the living room area but that shouldn't disturb your little ones.

3redheads - it's a great idea to bring the aerobed. There is plenty of floor space for it. If it is the single size it would fit perfectly between the bar area and the closets. Just bring an extension cord to blow it up - the only outlet is at the desk next to the beds.

Have a great time - the cabin is fabulous!

I think you will be fine and will enjoy the amenities. May I suggest you get an alarm clock and put some limits on your DD for her bathroom "primping" time (if she's gotten to that phase of teenhood, of course)? One bathroom + a teen girl often is an issue. It's really the only issue I can think of though. Otherwise, I think you will love the suite. I also concur about getting a rollaway or bringing an aerobed. At those ages (especially 13 for a girl), kids really need their own bed space, IMO.

beachchick

Do you think we'd be comfortable in a GS. There will be 4 of us, including DD13 and DS8.

We had a GS on the Splendour over the summer in the Med. There were four of including a 17 yo boy and a 14 yo girl. The cabin steward brought in a rollaway which my son slept on while my daughter had the Queen sleeper. Every morning, the steward would fold up the rollaway and push it out of the way. Even with the "extra" bed, there was plenty of room to walk around in the evening.

Archived